THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Wooden Pig

Hello everyone...

What a great website this is ! I just joined the other day and I'm very impressed with the quality of the topics and how well things stay in control.

I'm the proud owner of The Wooden Pig Barbeque & Ice Cream located on the Main Street in Donnellson, Iowa. My wife and I moved back to our home state of Iowa from NC 3 years ago to open what my daughter called a mid life crisis. The Wooden Pig has been going for more that 2-1/2 years now and life is good. I have to admit I do miss NC but we've adjusted well.

All our meats are smoked in an Ole Hickory EL-IB. I love it and it's worked flawless since the beginning. We serve up a variety of different meats from Beef Brisket to Goat. Yes, Goat...we serve a selection of Goat each and every Saturday night. Our sides are homemade by my mother in law and my wifes aunt. Our sauces are homemade as well.

Prior to opening The Wooden Pig I was as far from the BBQ biz as one could be selling printing to corporations across the US. I love what I do now ! It's very tiring at times yet rewarding as well.

I've probably posted this in the wrong area of the forum, if I have, I'm sorry. As I said this site is great, I'm gald I found it.

Come visit us at The Wooden Pig sometime.
Open for dinners Tuesday - Thursday 5 - 8 and Fridays and Saturdays 5 -9
Located at 411 Main Street in Donnellson, IA just a mile off The Avenue of The Saints
www.thewoodenpig.com

:smile:

Welcome aboard, wooden brother! :)

Thanks for the praise - this site is more like a second home to us and we like to keep the counters clean. ;)

I'm glad you found us, and don't be shy.

Arlin

Just 20 miles to the NW of Keokuk.

I've hunted those geodes they sure are hard to find !

another Iowaian welcome and pull up a chair, might have to see about getting some grub sometime from your shop.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Nice to see some Iowa folk on here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back