THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtgcolwell

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Hey guys - new member here and looking forward to learning tricks of the trade since I just smoked my first pork ribs last week (they were fantastic). I'm a food guy, and my girlfriend and I enjoy cooking new foods 6+ nights a week. I received a New Braunfels Hondo Jr. smoker for Christmas from my brother-in-law and a Charbroil 5 burner propane grill from my parents - nice little Christmas if I say so myself!

Looking forward to trying new smoked meats and getting inspired with some of your recipes - looking forward to that recipe invite from the admins in a few posts/days :eyebrows:

I've attached some pics my first foray into the smoking world and added my bbq sauce recipe to see if you all approve.

Thanks for the membership and I look forward to learning much from you experts!

Matt

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=971DC3E298AF64DB!928&authkey=!ANFs0qehnZ2uIxE

Also, working on the picture embedding thing - skydrive is a little wacky. Any hints or do I need to plunge into photobucket or some other image hosting service?

BBQ Sauce Recipe-

In large pot add:

16oz apple cider vinegar
3.5 cups brown sugar
2 tbs of kosher salt
2 tbs of onion powder
2 tbs granulated garlic or 4 cloves minced garlic
2 tbs of celery seed
2 tbs of black pepper
1 tbs of paprika
2 tbs pork lard or 2 tbs of unsalted butter
2 tbs ground mustard
2 tbs of pickling spices
1 tbs of coriander seed
2 tbs of crushed red pepper (more or less depending on your heat tolerance - I like it hot)
3 cups ketchup
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 tbs liquid smoke - I used applewood

Bring the above ingredients to a boil and then simmer 35-40 minutes until consistency is correct. Allow to cool (it will thicken) and strain into whatever vessel you choose.

Cheers,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back