Hello from Marietta, GA

bourbonbladesbarbecue

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Corey Shelton
Excited to join the Brethren! Got the barbecue bug back in '08-'09 with a lot of backyard cooking. Took Myron's class in January 2013 and loved it! By May of that year I was competing in my first KCBS pro event with 4 WSMs (never again). After 5 competitions (and a few placements), I decided to take the KCBS judges/table captain classes to understand what judges look for in "good" barbecue. Those who compete and judge will understand when I say this, there is a huge disconnect between the competition community and the judging community.

Over the last year, I picked up metalworking as hobby and am close to finishing my first 250 gal offset smoker.

In this COVID era, I'm still cooking and hoping the KCBS circuit will fire back up when it's safe for us to resume...

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your 250 gal homebuilt.

Welcome to the Brethren neighbor, I am not too far from you at all. Happy you found us and I do understand completely about the judging and competition. Looking forward to seeing posts and some cook pics.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome from suwanee, ga if there's anything I can help n you with just let me know

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back