Hello Brothers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullfeathers

Knows what a fatty is.
I've been having so much fun on here, I figured it's time I introduced myself-- You can call me Bull, and I'm from St. Louis, MO, former home of the King of Beers.

I grew up as an eager apprentice to my personal hero, my dad. The man taught me the finer points of smoke and fire-- from beer soaked brats to the St. Louis favorite-- pork steaks.

I have a deep appreciation for the "Church of the Q", as I call it. There is something very magical about gathering around the pit, watching meat cook. To me, there is no better place, and no place where I feel most at home. Some people lose the stresses of the day through exercise, or meditation, I lose it by cracking open a beer, and trying new things on the smoker, or grills.

I was drawn to this site because it seems that most if not all of you share the same views. My father always taught me to surround yourself with quality people, and your life will be richer. I hope to gain knowledge, get better with my Q, and more importantly gain new friends.

As for my toys, I have nothing of any consequence. I have a couple of cheap Brinkman Gourmets which despite it's flaws, I have managed some good stuff. I have a gasser that I use mostly to clean grates and lite my chimney starters, and my old trusty Weber kettle which my dad bought me for my high school graduation.

I am a IT analyst for a local convenience store/retail chain here in St. Louis.(so if you have any computer probs, let me know--be glad to help) I also am Vice President of The Fritz Foundation, a foundation set up to honor a good friend who was a police officer killed in the line of duty. Our mission is to provide aid to first responders who have been injured in the line of duty and can no longer work, as well as continuing Tom's legacy of service to the community. It is my passion to plan events and raise funds for this worthy cause.

For fun I like to entertain, play golf, have cocktails, and I am an avid hunter. I am married, and have one child-- a 100lb black lab named Maguire.

Thanks so much to those who have made me feel welcome, and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Welcome from the Hoosier state!! You have some awesome Brethren in your area.

Welcome from Indiana!!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back