THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great looking Pron. Just to add a little to the thread, here is what I do to help me lose weight. I found that if I just eat healthy in the morning and lunch, I can eat suppers I like, just in moderation.

Every other Sunday I grill 6 chicken breasts and 8 Tilapia filets and mix up 4 cans of Tuna in non-fat mayo.

That gets me 14 lunches . I keep the first weeks in the fridge and freeze the second week. Take out the second week when first week runs out.
6 chk breast based lunches (salad, on a whole wheat Pita, etc . .get creative)
4 lunches with 2 tilapia filets each (salad, on whole wheat bread, as-is, etc)
4 lunches of tuna fish sandwiches

Not only does it shed the weight, it adds to the pocketbook considering I was spending $5-$8 each day for lunch at any one of a number of fast food joints.

30 lbs in the last 100 days and 10 lbs to go to be at my cruising weight of 170.

So how long did you have them at 240? Did the outer "skin" become chewy?

I think the whole cook was under 3 hours or so. I pulled them at an IT if 165F, fine for brined chicken.

The outer surface was a jost a very light bark... not even that really. Just slight resistance to the knife, not chewy at all.

Great looking Pron. Just to add a little to the thread, here is what I do to help me lose weight. I found that if I just eat healthy in the morning and lunch, I can eat suppers I like, just in moderation.

Every other Sunday I grill 6 chicken breasts and 8 Tilapia filets and mix up 4 cans of Tuna in non-fat mayo.

That gets me 14 lunches . I keep the first weeks in the fridge and freeze the second week. Take out the second week when first week runs out.
6 chk breast based lunches (salad, on a whole wheat Pita, etc . .get creative)
4 lunches with 2 tilapia filets each (salad, on whole wheat bread, as-is, etc)
4 lunches of tuna fish sandwiches

Not only does it shed the weight, it adds to the pocketbook considering I was spending $5-$8 each day for lunch at any one of a number of fast food joints.

30 lbs in the last 100 days and 10 lbs to go to be at my cruising weight of 170.

I like your planning sewerrat! This is very much the kind of organisation I am moving towards although I'll probably only go the one week because I love smoking on my "Bullet Bill" too much!:becky:. I've only lost 15 lbs so far in 35 days, because I'm still learning and I have to re-arrange my whole life style... I'll get there though!!!

Cheers!

Bill

Great job, Bill. When we do chicken, it's almost always boneless and skinless. Usually I do high heat because chicken really soaks up the smoke and I'm the only one who likes it smoky. You might try giving some smoked salmon a go. It's higher in fat, but it's good fat.

The breasts look very tasty. I love a good grilled chicken breast. If you keep it moist, it's seriously good eats.

Have you done much with grilled veggies? I know it is still winter down there, but in the summertime up here, I grill veggies all the time. All the fat you need is just a light wipe or spritz of olive oil to avoid sticking.

I like skewers of bell peppers, mushrooms and onions. Add some shrimp or chicken, if you want, and you still get a healthy meal that tastes great.

CD

I've smoked skinless chicken several times. I rubbed with No-salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Go easy on the No-Salt, a little goes a long way. I smoked my chicken pieces at 250.

I like to grill skinless too, but I use higher heat.

(Next time, I'm gonna find me a 'Fat' Doctor... These skinny ones are sucking all the fun out of life.) :doh:

Great job, Bill. When we do chicken, it's almost always boneless and skinless. Usually I do high heat because chicken really soaks up the smoke and I'm the only one who likes it smoky. You might try giving some smoked salmon a go. It's higher in fat, but it's good fat.

Hi Gore,

I'm workin' on this for what comes after the Never-ending Pork Chop Thread... that is if I can get my new ridgey-didge pork chop invention recipe nailed down before 2050 :becky:

Cheers!

Bill

The breasts look very tasty. I love a good grilled chicken breast. If you keep it moist, it's seriously good eats.

Have you done much with grilled veggies? I know it is still winter down there, but in the summertime up here, I grill veggies all the time. All the fat you need is just a light wipe or spritz of olive oil to avoid sticking.

I like skewers of bell peppers, mushrooms and onions. Add some shrimp or chicken, if you want, and you still get a healthy meal that tastes great.

CD

It never gets cold enough here to really worry about BBQing outside. Note, that was a salad and we're only just coming out of Winter!

I recently got one of those stainless steel pans with all the holes in it, just for your suggested purpose! Also, will certainly be doing as you suggested with Kabobs! Much easier for me to do this now on the Performer than the old offset!

Cheers!

Bill

I've smoked skinless chicken several times. I rubbed with No-salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Go easy on the No-Salt, a little goes a long way. I smoked my chicken pieces at 250.

I like to grill skinless too, but I use higher heat.

(Next time, I'm gonna find me a 'Fat' Doctor... These skinny ones are sucking all the fun out of life.) :doh:

I used low heat because I did actually want lots of smoke in the flavour. I used lots of Oak and my WSM just does not give the same smoke hit in the food as my old offset. The result was pretty good. Did not loose too much moisture, although I think if I brine for a bit longer next time, it will be danged perfect!

Cheers!

Bill

Looks great Bill! I just woulda had to have a little bit of avocado though....

Tonight we had a big green salad with fresh smoked (neighbor caught it) halibut mixed in. Delicious and like zip fat!

Back