Headed down to GA to pick up my Lang.

Well if I had known I could have picked it up for you and brought it to you haha...I just came home from Dublin GA today ...

I appreciate the offer, but I wouldnt have traded the trip for anything. What I expierienced today, makes me even prouder to own a Lang. I'm taking my tired a$$ to bed. The good stuff will be posted tomorrow.

I'm goin say it. Wish I got the 48. And I ain't even fired mine up yet. Should have listened to the brethren.

Congratulations on your new cooker...you are going to enjoy cooking on a Lang...They are rock solid...

Bluzieq...Sometimes, I wish I bought a 48 too...But, most of the time my 36 is more than enough or even too much, so I cook on my Kamado...Most of the time I cook with the top rack out on the 36...I think if I had a 48 I would use my Kamado more...36 is a good size for me...

Proud to own a lang!

Well guys its 0500 and im back at work, had some down time and wanted to follow up on my trip to Nahunta. Let me first say that i had heard so many good things about Lang cookers, the quality, craftsmanship, the product they turn out..all of it was supposed to be superior.

I am now a firm beleiver in all of the above, i was expected see a huge shop, very commercialized and updated. A bunch of people walking around in khakis and carrying clipboards and talking on cell phone's.....how else would a world renoun pit builder operate?

Just about the opposite actually, its a moderate sized shop with dirty, hard working welders everywhere in blue jeans and boots...MY KIND OF PEOPLE. I spoke with Ben Lang himself and he truly is a stand up guy, its pretty safe to say that the hype of competition BBQ and TV has not ruined his view and approach to turning out a superior product and standing behind that product and that in itself means the world to me.

And to my surprise when we got there, Corree Schurman of Sugars BBQ(BBQ Pitmasters TV show) was at the shop with Brad Kay(Lang Smoker Cookers Youtube Videos/BBQ Superstars) cooking the guys at the shop lunch. We got to talk with both of them and got to see how Corree foils her ribs. Both seem like very genuine people.

730 miles and 11.5 hours of driving wore me out, but to go down there and meet Ben and the guys at the shop and see the shop and just soak the atmosphere of what i would call the apitomy of bbq cookers was priceless. If your thinking about purchasing a Lang...DO IT!

As to the comments about going bigger... i dont need to go bigger, i have a homemade hog cooker that we do the big party's on. it will 200lbs-300lbs at a time.

Now on to the pics!!!!

Loaded up.

Corree foiling her ribs.

Brad Tending the fire.

The shop

The shop

Lang 60

Lang 84

CHEESIN!

She's home!

Last edited:
Very Very Nice! I'm happy for you....I know having the smoker of your dreams now is very exciting! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us:)

My boys run their own BBQ business with a Lang 60 and a couple of UDS. If you get a chance take a look at their Facebook page. They have several photos of the Lang 60 in action. http://www.facebook.com/wrightbrothersbbq

Congratulations on your cooker. The boys put butts went on ours at 5 am today and bologna, hams, and turkeys will follow for Christmas Eve. You've got a great cooker that will last for a lifetime.

Glad you had a safe trip and congrats on the new Lang, that is one quality cooking machine:thumb: And thanks for the photo log, almost as good as being there myself.........almost:becky:

Great story and photos. I'm on the verge of a new smoker and I keep getting pulled in different directions. This is some good feedback here.

Great pics, and I'm jealous of you getting to meet Ben and Corree. I got to see one of the BBQ Pitmasters guys when I went to the Atlanta BBQ Festival earlier this year, but I didn't get a chance to stop and talk with him. I did however see a lot of Lang smokers there, which made me happy.

Great pics, and I'm jealous of you getting to meet Ben and Corree. I got to see one of the BBQ Pitmasters guys when I went to the Atlanta BBQ Festival earlier this year, but I didn't get a chance to stop and talk with him. I did however see a lot of Lang smokers there, which made me happy.

Hey rock, I was hoping you would show yourself. I saw a couple of 60's and and an 84 down there that would go great with your 48! Yea Corree was a sweet heart. Her and my fiancé talked for probably half an hour. She always enjoyed watching her and lynnea whoop up on the boys. I think Megan(my fiancé) enjoyed the trip to Lang more than I did. I keep telling her I want a 60 and she said that was fine as long as I brought one of Langs firepits back with me. Lol

Far out! I did the same distance trip to pick up a motorcycle last February... Was a lotta driving in two nights! Then I hit snow in the mountains pulling a trailer... It sucked.

Point is a lot can happen in that many miles so Be safe out there man.

Hey rock, I was hoping you would show yourself. I saw a couple of 60's and and an 84 down there that would go great with your 48! Yea Corree was a sweet heart. Her and my fiancé talked for probably half an hour. She always enjoyed watching her and lynnea whoop up on the boys. I think Megan(my fiancé) enjoyed the trip to Lang more than I did. I keep telling her I want a 60 and she said that was fine as long as I brought one of Langs firepits back with me. Lol

That's awesome! Sounds like you got yourself a keeper! I'd love to have that 60D you have pictured, but I have nowhere to put it. My 48 is more than enough for my needs, and I have a MES 40 if I have any extra cooking needs. I hope you are going to get it seasoned today and do some cooking, cause it's a perfect Carolina day here in med December! I'm about to smoke a spatchcocked chicken here in a few hours.

That's awesome! Sounds like you got yourself a keeper! I'd love to have that 60D you have pictured, but I have nowhere to put it. My 48 is more than enough for my needs, and I have a MES 40 if I have any extra cooking needs. I hope you are going to get it seasoned today and do some cooking, cause it's a perfect Carolina day here in med December! I'm about to smoke a spatchcocked chicken here in a few hours.

I'm off work at 4 and might try to get her seasoned up before bed.
I'd love to have that 60. I bet I played with it for 20min. I'm just waiting on my hog cooker to rust out and then I'll be headed back down south again. What part of Charlotte are you in Rock? I'm just 30-45min south east of there in Unionville.

HO HO HO!!!! Nice cooker. I have been eyeballin the 36 Patio for months now. I will pull the trigger when mama says I can:wink:. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Back