THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's bash day! It's bash day!

Already got my prep work for tomorrow done so I don't have to leave too early.

Got a piece of meat in the pellet cooker. Gonna make some bagna cauda. I can bring some ice. Is there a store nearby so it doesn't melt before I get there?

*doing the bash dance*

Neil, there's small liquor store around the corner on Roscoe, just west of Woodman on the north side of the street. Either that, or there's a Rite Aid up the street from the bash location on Parthenia & Balboa:

Rite Aid
16930 Parthenia Street, Northridge, CA 91343

Appreciate the offer, but looking for something indirect & Lo 'n Slo.

If I can't luck into something, I'll just do it on the SM pit (I'll just try to be a bit more careful with temps :oops:)

See y'll around 2! :whoo:

I'll try and cram the Pit Barrel cooker in the Jeep for you.

Anyone bringing a can of spam for the firepit?

I think they have it at the market where I'll be picking up some tater chips. I used gatherings of any sort as an excuse to buy tater chips, 'cause normally I can't have them around due to the fact that I have no farking control when it comes to fried tater products. :tsk:

Just tossed this in the van btw.

photo-1150.jpg

I just peeked at the ribs, and boy, are they looking good!

I'm going to add one more half gallon of BBQ sauce to the crockpot and we should be good to go! :thumb:

Did you boil them first to make sure they would cook all the way through in the crock pot??

Nope. Put 'em in the microwave this time, but not before I rubbed 'em down good with a bottle of liquid smoke.

:biggrin1:

This will be my last transmission pre-bash. Headed over to headquarters now!

Hey guys,

My luck and I got an emergency to respond to that is work related. We get called in around the clock day off or not. I left a message on Moose's cell so he can relay it to you guys.

:mad:

Mac and cheese has been made.
Pork belly has been cured.
Got onions, bacon, and sriracha.
Gave the bat smoker a sedative.
Bringing a CL scored UDS and a bag of KBB just in case it's needed.

Leaving in about 40 minutes.

Hey guys,

My luck and I got an emergency to respond to that is work related. We get called in around the clock day off or not. I left a message on Moose's cell so he can relay it to you guys.

:mad:

:doh:

That sux! Hopefully the situation changes! I've been thinking about skewers all day!

Back