HD clearance! Run, don’t walk!

Reduced but nothing like you guys are seeing.
P7fk06Xl.jpg

Weber at HD in Pork Char-Lotte, Fl.........$11.90. Fail! Embers #15 bags.....$2.96. Score. Pit Boss Austin XL pellet at Walmart.....$398.00! Reg $547.Hard pass.

Last edited:
To those who are attempting to check stock numbers at their local stores via the HD website, I believe it is saying "not available" practically EVERYWHERE on the HD website, possibly because it is being placed on clearance. I can only go off of my experience, but when I went last night, I had the employee check their system to see how many bags they had, and his scanner indicated the store had the same number of bags that brickseek said. I even checked brickseek again after my purchase, and their number decreased by the number that I purchased.

Thanks for the tip! My local HD doesn't stock them, but the one in Worcester did. Eight bags added to my arsenal.

I bought 2 bags last year from Lowes on clearance and thought it was the worst charcoal ever. I don't know if I got a bad batch since so many people here seem to love it. The Weber charcoal was harder to light and gave off terrible white smoke and left really awful taste on the meat. And the ash level was way more than lump charcoal and comparable to regular KB. For grilling it worked ok but was no better than KB.

I kind of want to try again to see if I just got a bad batch last year but if it's the same, it's not even worth $4.

Exact same thing happened to me.

I bought two bags from Target. First bag was horrific....took FOREVER to light....white smoke....didnt seem very hot when poured out of chimney. AWFUL. I posted about it on here and you would have thought I was making fun of some peoples wives.

2nd bag was great.....so am thinking quality control was/could be an issue.

I will give it another shot though because of bag #2

Thank goodness I have plenty of charcoal or else I'd be out saving money right now :-D. After the Rtic thread not sure I can afford to save any more :caked:. And I don't use briquettes anymore so I definitely don't need to go to HD

.........that being said............I might swing by there now because of this post.......and I don't appreciate it..........:becky:

Well - I just picked up 10 bags. No one in the store knew where to find it and told me they don't sell it.

They were incorrect.

Similar issue, it was way up on the top shelf, had to get an employee to get it down.

Funny thing is as I was loading up my car, a guy approaches me in the parking lot saying he was there looking for the same thing but the store told him there was none.

Maybe I should have bought all that was left and resold it at $10/bag in the parking lot?

Thanks for the heads up! Local HD by work had 18 bags left. I met a guy from a different forum looking to grab some as well while in the aisle. We split them and both took 9. :thumb:
Seems to be a good quantity left in the STL area.

Found 3 today, have my buddy stopping at a store near hime that shows 30. We'll see.

Back