THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Yoder has a new video on ribs that I want to try for fun.

IIRC (I watched it a couple days ago, forgive me) - 4 hours on smoke, spray after Hour 3.

Wrap in butcher paper at higher temp for... damn. 1-2 hours?

Just watch the video. He used pork tallow when he wrapped. Smoked pork tallow, of course, and that's what caught my eye.

Salt and peper for rub, very basic.

321 method. Any rub works as long as it is well seasoned. When I wrap, meat side down with brown sugar in the bottom and on top, then drizzled with vinegar. For the last part, no sauce.

Grill Your Ass Off Infidel Pork Rub. Two hours unwrapped at 245. Wrap in butcher paper for one hour. Unwrap and slather with Yes Dear Competition Sauce for one hour. Enjoy.

Those ribs look great and if everybody liked them then mission accomplished.

Did the Johnny Trigg method years ago (wrapped with butter, honey, brown sugar and Tiger Sauce) and my three generations of Texas women loved them. I don't mess with success so mostly do them that way. Daughter's boyfriend likes Memphis style dry rub ribs so I do him a rack that way.

Don't cook ribs very often but always wrap.

Back