THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S

Smiter Q

Been stressing with an AC situation past several days :mad:,
so thought I needed a diversion!:rolleyes:

Picked up a package of spares today, and want to finish them off with a sweet glaze. It can be spicy sweet, but would love to have the flavor of cherry on them too. Have black cherry juice, morello cherry preserves, + honey here on the counter. Was thinking of starting with some of the juice, and reducing it down to about 1/2 consistency. Then adding some honey, + little lemon or apple vin for acidity. I also have on hand some homemade spicy apple BBQ sauce. Was thinking of adding a little of that, but not sure if that would detract from what I would like to have with the cherry taste.

Not looking for candy sweet that would detract from the ribs, but something a little special and sweeter than I would usually go.

Would love some suggestions and ratio amounts. Also have a pretty good spice cabinet for other needs to add.

Thanks! :-D

I'd use the cherry juice, some of the preserves and add vinegar to taste before reducing. Cayenne wouldn't hurt either. Maybe a little worsy or soy too?

Soy and worsy... good ideas! Add the vin before the reduction? ok.. can try that

Modified spatay sauce

Marinade:
1/2 cup cherry juice
1/4 cup vinegar
3 tbs soy or worsy or mixed
3 TBS cherry preserves
1 tbs turbinado or brown sugar
2 tsp fresh ginger or 1 tsp powdered
1 tsp cayenne

combine, bring to a boil then simmer until reduced to desired consistancy. It'll thicken a little more when it cools too.

Since I also had some cut up jalapenos (seeds and all) in the marinade it kicked the heat up a notch. Maybe add some chopped to the mixed ingredients before heating.

Double the ingredients if you need more - I think this wound up making a little less than a half cup.

Modified spatay sauce

Marinade:
1/2 cup cherry juice
1/4 cup vinegar
3 tbs soy or worsy or mixed
3 TBS cherry preserves
1 tbs turbinado or brown sugar
2 tsp fresh ginger or 1 tsp powdered
1 tsp cayenne

combine, bring to a boil then simmer until reduced to desired consistancy. It'll thicken a little more when it cools too.

Since I also had some cut up jalapenos (seeds and all) in the marinade it kicked the heat up a notch. Maybe add some chopped to the mixed ingredients before heating.

Double the ingredients if you need more - I think this wound up making a little less than a half cup.

Guerry, thanks for this! Ratios seem to be what I am going for. :thumb:

Back