THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i never thought of this but i dunno if i would ever try it. i could maybe see cherry or orange working but i'd rather use something else if i wanted that kind of flavor

this was a fad back in 05-06.. Ive tried it myself. mostly the cherry.

its got alot of white sugar and it burns easier at low temps.. meats got very dark earlier in the cook than usual.

this was a fad back in 05-06.. Ive tried it myself. mostly the cherry.

its got alot of white sugar and it burns easier at low temps.. meats got very dark earlier in the cook than usual.
The recipes I've read call for the unsweetened Kool-ade mixed with traditional rub ingredients such as salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.

I personally think it's overkill but I did use it some cherry back in the 90s and it turned out good. But nowadays I use more basic spices on my BBQ and it turns out great.

Never tried it in a rub, but on occasion I will strain the cherries out of cherry pie filling and add the filling to my BBQ sauce to use on chicken.

Back