THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbqstudio

Got Wood.
Whether it’s the fact that I’m jaded about really good BBQ – I have lived in Dallas, TX / Charlotte, NC and several stops in Florida as well as have extensive travel under my belt which leads me to try BBQ from many different regions and genre’s it takes a lot for me to get excited about a new stop.

One caveat to this is I was already full from appetizers and a few Shiners while we were having this conversation so I didn’t expect to order much … I also will say I wasn’t expecting this so I didn’t have a good camera with me only a camera phone so they are not the greatest pictures in the world.​

http://nicktoday.com/hard-8-bbq-coppell-tx/

Thanks! It'd be nice if you copy the whole review in the post, but not a problem. I've heard great things and bad things from different people about Hard 8. I haven't been there, but your review makes me want to get it a try. Thanks for posting.

I have only been to the one in Stephenville. There is a runway across the street, and we landed their for lunch when I was doing an airplane shoot.

I thought the que was pretty good. I have not been to the newer locations. I always wonder if they will match the original when these BBQ joints expand.

Maybe we need to have a DFW brethren bash there and grade the que. :thumb:

CD

They were having a Jeep convention at Hard 8 the night I was there and there had to be at least 100 jeeps (mostly CJs) in and around the parking lot!!!

Meat was moist and tender (both pork and brisket) and I was duly impressed! Great little Q-joint!

I've been there twice on business trips and have to be honest, outside of the atmosphere it's not that great and way overpriced IMHO. The spare ribs over-smoked and tuff as a mule. Maybe I went on bad days, who knows? That being said- the atmosphere was awesome and I love how they serve your food right off the holding pit.

Back