THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomorrow I'm doing a practice run for an IBCA competition next weekend in Chandler, AZ. I'm doing a Brisket, Pork Butt, 2 half chickens, 1 rack BB's, and 1 rack St. Louis Spares. My buddy has a couple Elk steaks he is bringing over as well. We are going to throw them on the FAT 40 and see how they turn out.

Got a nice rack of ribs, in laws coming for their first taste. Have done ribs on my gasser for years so am not too worried. :biggrin:

Not doin em on the Bandera? :icon_frow I did my first rack of pork spares last Sun. and they turned out great. I used the 3-2-1 method with Lump charcoal and Mesquite logs and 6 hours later...awesome. Give it a shot!

I'm doing a brisket practice run this weekend for the Pleasant Hill contest using Stubbs charcoal.....the grand babies will be over, so I picked up a 3 pack of baby backs for the oldest to fool with....she's all about cooking ribs......

It's been a long cold winter. The weather is finally nice enough to hold a temp in the cooker! :) Doing up a rack of spares tonight to get the ECB ready for the butts and the brisket tomorrow. BBQ season is back baby!!!!!!

I've been working on my stuffed eggplant recipe and also my white bean salad recipe. Probably won't be smoking this weekend, although sometime soon I want to try smoking some eggplant, some onion, and some garlic just to see what happens.

How's that clone build coming, JD? My horizontal offset build seems to be getting about 4 hours of work done on it a week, gotta up the priority somehow.

seattlepitboss

Slow...very...very...slow...:tsk: This work thing keeps getting in the way of my smoker building...:der:

Bluesman, don't know what smoker you are using, but spares normally take longer than BBs, I usually cook on a UDS, and spares go about an hour longer. Could be more or less. Let us know what you do and how it comes out. Good luck bro.

This weekend? We are cooking tomorrow:

2 Boston Butss
6 Racks of Baby Backs
2 Racks of Spares
1 Whole Angus Prime Ribeye
1 Family Pack of Chicken Breasts
1 Family Pack of Leg Quarters
2 Fatties (1st time)
Smoked Deer Sasuage

Wife is Making
Naner Pudding
Bread Pudding made out of Krispi Creme Donuts
Hashbrown Casserol

This weekend? We are cooking tomorrow:

2 Boston Butss
6 Racks of Baby Backs
2 Racks of Spares
1 Whole Angus Prime Ribeye
1 Family Pack of Chicken Breasts
1 Family Pack of Leg Quarters
2 Fatties (1st time)
Smoked Deer Sasuage

Wife is Making
Naner Pudding
Bread Pudding made out of Krispi Creme Donuts
Hashbrown Casserol

:thumb:

Bluesman, don't know what smoker you are using, but spares normally take longer than BBs, I usually cook on a UDS, and spares go about an hour longer. Could be more or less. Let us know what you do and how it comes out. Good luck bro.

Using my 22.5 WSM and am thinking 250* over some apple wood. My mind is telling me 2.5 hrs then 2 hrs foiled with Parkay, Brown Sugar and Honey , then 1 hour with the foil open, rest and then consume. Also have a chicken that I spatchcoked sitting in brine overnight and a 4# corned beef flat that I am soaking for a Sunday Pastrami.

Back