Happy Friday Brethren...What's Smokin' This Weekend?...

I'm DYIN to cook on the new UDS, but deer hunting opens tomorrow. Tonight's "pregame", and I'll be iinn & out of the woods too much this weekend to cook. I just hope I get mine tomorrow morning....then I'll get SOMETHING on the smoker.

We'll see.

I'll likely do something at least. I've had a package of frozen italian meatballs in the freezer for too long. May grill something tonight.

HAPPY WEEKEND BRETHREN!:biggrin:

Don't know yet....................................?

The Son and his bunch are due on Sat.we'll go get something then,prob. Yardbird.
Have fun and...

Got a used FEC that I am going to run some ribs on Sunday. Might do a turkey breast tomorrow. For some reason smoked turkey, avacados and bacon sound pretty darn good.

With all the local stores in town having Turkey Wars, Down to .39 cents a pound Im gonna try some different Rubs and Injections.

Dan

Deer season and First 2009 Thanksgiving Dinner for my Uncle who lives on the farm. Our hunters started this when his Mom and Dad had passed away otherwise he wouldnt get one. We do the whole spread 2 turkeys,gravy, dressin, real cranberries, green bean muck,yams, rolls, Strawberry pie, Pumkin pie whippin cream, and sweet patater pie.. Prolly forgetting something but he may not get a Thanksgiving dinner on that day but I am darn sure gonna make it happen near T-day.

If I get a chance I'm doing the fatty similar to the one Phubar turned me onto. Smoked sausage,bacon,onions,sauerkraut and some brown mustard. Oh Yeah!

Christening my new UDS. Haven't decided between chicken and ribs.

I am doing a Salmon this evening and I am going to do a chuck roast tomorrow and a (this just scares me) a TURKEY Fatty. I plan on wrapping the fatty in bacon for flavor and to keep it from drying out.

After a 10 month hiatus due to injury, I'm firing up the SSW tonight for a little experimenting with brisket. A detailed post will be submitted later.

burgers tonight, gotta finish up them buns and burger meat. Not sure about the rest of the weekend.

To be determined.... I have to work 10 days straight after this weekend, but then I get a 5 day T-day weekend. I'll smoke something- gotta try out the new lid on the UDS. I want to make sure everything is working as it should, because the next thing I cook on it will be the Thanksgiving turkey- for the whole family! I'll probably either do a pork shoulder or a piece of brisket on Sunday.

After a 10 month hiatus due to injury, I'm firing up the SSW tonight for a little experimenting with brisket. A detailed post will be submitted later.

Hope it wan't an injury from q-ing! Just kidding. welcome back. Fire it up!!!

Two pork butts, a 9.6 pounder and a 6 pounder.
Gonna fire up the old Smokenator 1000.
I'm planning to make smoked chili verde with the 6 pounder.

it's friday so that means prime t-bone! :biggrin:

I've returned from Market and the Course is set...
I got a rack of Pork Spare Ribs, gonna trim St. Louie Style, a nice rack of Beef Ribs, Two 1lb. JD Sage Sausages for Fatties, a whole bunch of Jalapenos for Turds, and Half a Pork Loin, which I may or may not Stuff. Gonna Smoke 'em all with Hickory and Pecan on The RedNecked DrumPit.....

see Y'all in the Smoke Tomorrow!!!!!:biggrin:

I am smoking a chuck roast as I type this.... I'm gonna cut up the roast and add it to some chili I'm gonna make tomorrow...Also smoking some Linguica just cause....lol

With 3 UDSs 10 baby back racks, 2 Fattie's stuffed with cheese bacon onion and fried spuds, 1 Turkey 12.5 pound, 2 Tri Tip's, 1- 3.5 pound pork loin stuffed with hot wings (De-Boned) and some corn on the cob. All smoked over Alder and Maple. Oh I'm hungry already!

Back