Happy Friday Brethren...What's Smokin' This Weekend?...

Graduation party is tomorrow............;}-

The Niece is getting the party of parties. All her friends got Shredded Chicken
(if you are from Ohio,you will know what I mean),and hotdogs.
Whitney is having PP,Brisket,(done today-pics follow),and tomorrow i will do ABT's,Moinks,and Fatties. Plus what family brings.:-D.The girl is spoiled I tell you(LMAO):roll:
Then the neighbors have OK'd the Hillbilly Golf and the Cornhole Game-I'm afraid to ask what that is...:icon_blush:,but wgen I was home in Texas,that wasn't anything I'd be doing:!:
I might defy the wife's order and get some ribs to do for Whit's Dad(thinks he's a pit master(He-He).Anthow it's my time to shine again.....
See ya later.Have a good weekend and
SMOKE HAPPY:icon_cool
Stan aka bbqfans

Opps,forgot to post pics..........;(-

newshots214.jpg
newshots213.jpg

newshots215.jpg
newshots212.jpg

newshots216.jpg

Cooking for a birthday party tomorrow afternoon. 2 pork butts going on about midnight and then about 30 chicken thighs going on the smoker at the party.

Playing around with 2 butts

No occasion for Sat, just want to cook. Two butts. Two methods. I'm fairly new to BBQ, 1 cook so far on the UDS, so experimenting. Just looking around for recipes.

1st one is a mustard rub, dry rub, and injected with apple juice. Got it wrapped in the fridge.

dryrubbed-vi.jpg

I've had good luck with some of Alton Brown's recipes, don't know what caliber of a BBQ'er he is, so I'll try his pulled pork recipe - modified.

It's sitting in a brine with molasses, healthy dose of dry rub (+/- 1/4 cup), about 10 garlic cloves, whole fennel seed, and a squirt of mustard.
I'll dry it up in the morning and get some rub on it, then start them both together.

brinned-vi.jpg

Bone or no bone?

These are the two shoulders I posted above - got about 3 hours on them.

Question- I got these from Costco, were de-boned. Most of pics I see here the butts are bone-in. Does it matter?

butts-vi.jpg

Wee Chucks

All the recent talk about chuck and pulled beef got me interested in cooking some up for myself. Below is one of three small chuck roasts. They came out swell.

chuck2.jpg

chuck2.jpg

chuck3.jpg

Attachments

• chuck2.jpg
    chuck2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 27
  • chuck3.jpg
    chuck3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 26
Saturday was ABT's, chicken, onions and potato's.

5090_1115604543222_1620237546_261392_8212773_n.jpg

Sunday will be 21 pounds of smoked chicken wings! mmmmm I love summer!!!!!

Back