THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what's the sole #1 purpose for hanging ribs? Especially for competition?

Following the above link it talks about how when the ribs are vertical the block the heat less which allows for faster cooking, I can also gather people can cook more racks than laying them flat. Wouldn't a rib rack give you all of that without the danger of your ribs falling in the fire, which a couple people have mentioned above? I'm not poo pooing the idea. But there has to be something I'm missing about that technique primarily for competitions.
Have you tried it? I didn't see the point either until I tried it. I like the end product when hung.

Have you tried it? I didn't see the point either until I tried it. I like the end product when hung.

While I don't hang ribs in a drum, my common sense(which always gets me in trouble), tells me that they would self baste. Ya know, how a rotisserie does on briskets.

Back