Hamburger Steaks /Salsbury Steaks with LazyMan Pro Tips

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
this is some Work for a LazyMan (made patties with 80/20, bread crumbs, egg, Montreal seasoning then browned them both sides, 2 batches, then removed and fried up Onions n Mushrooms) but I got a cpl cheats : Package Gravy and Skin On Mashed Taters in instant pot.......... Lazyman don't peel no taters........

I use package Gravy mixes, White - more milk than water, Brown - 50/50 water and Beef both - it says 2 cups water - do 1 cup beef broth and 1 cup water. And I don't like whisking it either - use my Ninja Smoothie Maker........ if I need to thicken it - I do my flour slurry in Ninja also.........

cLvrZkEl.jpg

WyN90Afl.jpg

jf1fEpzl.jpg

wVORJXAl.jpg

s5Wrjprl.jpg

rEmdXGZl.jpg

c9PT4mTl.jpg

Steaks are simmering and Taters are pressure zapping as I type this........

:heh:

Last edited:
James H Salisbury

Salisbury served as a physician during the American Civil War, and became convinced that diarrhea suffered by the troops could be controlled with a diet of coffee and lean chopped beefsteak.

Salisbury was one of the earliest health food faddists and taught that diet was the main determinant of health.[2] He believed vegetables and starchy foods produced poisonous substances in the digestive system which were responsible for heart disease, tumors, mental illness and tuberculosis. He believed that human dentition demonstrated that humans were meant to eat meat, and sought to limit vegetables, fruit, starches, and fats to one-third of the diet.[3]

The Salisbury steak, his means of achieving this goal, is ground beef flavored with onion and seasoning and then broiled[4] and covered with gravy or brown sauce. It was introduced in 1888. Salisbury saw beef as an excellent defense against many different physical problems. He suggested that Salisbury steak should be eaten three times a day, with much hot water to cleanse the digestive system. He was an early American proponent of a low-carbohydrate diet for weight loss, and he promoted his diet for that purpose. His diet became known as the "Salisbury diet". It has been described as an early example of a fad diet.[5][6] The Salisbury diet was promoted by Elma Stuart in her book What Must I do to Get Well?, that went through at least 32 editions.[7]

Salisbury steak is similar to a number of other dishes made of ground beef. Its name caught on partly because World War I inspired a movement in English-speaking nations to avoid German-sounding terms such as "hamburger".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_H._Salisbury

James H Salisbury

Salisbury served as a physician during the American Civil War, and became convinced that diarrhea suffered by the troops could be controlled with a diet of coffee and lean chopped beefsteak.

Salisbury was one of the earliest health food faddists and taught that diet was the main determinant of health.[2] He believed vegetables and starchy foods produced poisonous substances in the digestive system which were responsible for heart disease, tumors, mental illness and tuberculosis. He believed that human dentition demonstrated that humans were meant to eat meat, and sought to limit vegetables, fruit, starches, and fats to one-third of the diet.[3]

The Salisbury steak, his means of achieving this goal, is ground beef flavored with onion and seasoning and then broiled[4] and covered with gravy or brown sauce. It was introduced in 1888. Salisbury saw beef as an excellent defense against many different physical problems. He suggested that Salisbury steak should be eaten three times a day, with much hot water to cleanse the digestive system. He was an early American proponent of a low-carbohydrate diet for weight loss, and he promoted his diet for that purpose. His diet became known as the "Salisbury diet". It has been described as an early example of a fad diet.[5][6] The Salisbury diet was promoted by Elma Stuart in her book What Must I do to Get Well?, that went through at least 32 editions.[7]

Salisbury steak is similar to a number of other dishes made of ground beef. Its name caught on partly because World War I inspired a movement in English-speaking nations to avoid German-sounding terms such as "hamburger".

Damn, Smitty! I learned something new today, lol. Nice job!

James H Salisbury

Fascinating bit of history, thanks for sharing!

Maybe you should start doing certificates :-D :p :shock:

Looks like I already have, though Andy has the Throwdowns covered. I do like your idea of a Lazy Man's Dinner Throwdown, just trying to figure out the parameters of how that all would work.

Childhood memories....except mine came out of a swanson's tv dinner....well that and school cafeteria.

Looks like I already have, though Andy has the Throwdowns covered. I do like your idea of a Lazy Man's Dinner Throwdown, just trying to figure out the parameters of how that all would work.

Dish has to be made with box and/or jar ingredients. Can't be Open a bag Heat n Eat - gotta be some sort of creation/ dish of 2 or more ingredients. Judged both on Final product appearance And LazyMan(ness).

Back