THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Picked this baby up from Costco Business. Prime strip loin subprimal. Used half right away.

xv9DcBDh.jpg

Since it was too much and I had an Umai bag I dry aged the other half for 35 days.

Gcj5y2bh.jpg

This is what she looked like out the Umai bag

YO4kYhhh.jpg

Cut into 4 thick steaks. Great marbling:clap2:

hQIV2Chh.jpg

All trimmed up

XMKNetah.jpg

Smelled incredible already

Mbw4zNoh.jpg

For no rhyme or reason I wanted kettle fried wangs also. :noidea:

YhmUbVTh.jpg

A little dusting with this stuff :thumb:

q8XeJZ6h.jpg

kvi9tg5h.jpg

Onto the kettle

8qCy61rh.jpg

I wanted some sides so I did brussel sprouts

YdjGkw5h.jpg

And kicked up cauliflower something :confused:

BBukeU6h.jpg

After wings were on for a little bit I threw on the steaks

abCJIWsh.jpg

Quick sear for some crust

pmPbFwuh.jpg

fv1RDPOh.jpg

Then indirect

uZB7ZGIh.jpg

Wangs done

Lnjfrp3h.jpg

Steaks resting with some compound butter on top :hungry:

SRf11DLh.jpg

Kicked up the cauliflower with bacon and pecorino romano :nod:

gsWepTKh.jpg

Little pieces of heaven :clap2:

YvMO9sMh.jpg

nZA0BHSh.jpg

QpbzSpeh.jpg

And served

tpXSjwFh.jpg

Chicken wasn't bad either. :becky: I'm hooked on kettle fried chicken

BdZXpskh.jpg

Perfectly crisp and moist on the inside like the real thing. No starch of any kind added

m1lPZy8h.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Your cooks are always Killer Sako! Got to try the dry aging!

Thanks Mike! You have to. The beef flavor intensifies into a whole new level that's insanely pleasant to the palate. Lol, not trying sound fancy but that's about the best way to describe it. Easiest way to do is with Umai Dry bags.

I specifically didn't click on cowgirls shrimp and cheesy grits post because I knew I'd be in a food Pron coma, instead I think, oh, dry age will be harmless. Nope! Way to send me down the rabbit hole until I'm drooling everywhere! :doh:

Looks killer as is usual for you. Going to eat a frickin hot dog now!:icon_blush:

Honestly I would rather have a good dry aged steak, over wagyu, and I am always ready for some kettle fried wangs, but I know why. They are awesome!

Great cook, I have some cauliflower in the fridge, I will be dong something similar with.

Any of that making its way to the Texas Bash?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I specifically didn't click on cowgirls shrimp and cheesy grits post because I knew I'd be in a food Pron coma, instead I think, oh, dry age will be harmless. Nope! Way to send me down the rabbit hole until I'm drooling everywhere! :doh:

Looks killer as is usual for you. Going to eat a frickin hot dog now!:icon_blush:

Sorry about the hot dog! :icon_blush: :thumb: Thanks for the kind words.

Honestly I would rather have a good dry aged steak, over wagyu, and I am always ready for some kettle fried wangs, but I know why. They are awesome!

Great cook, I have some cauliflower in the fridge, I will be dong something similar with.

Thanks Josh!

Agreed 100%. Don't want to sound like a snob but I'm over wagyu. Well at least for a while since I had so much and way before it gained notoriety as it has. Everything from cross breed to A5 bms11+. It's very rich as you know and should really be a treat. I'm a wagyu abuser. :laugh:

Love fried cauliflower in seasoned egg wash. :hungry:

If you're a fan of General Tso's, and I am guessing you are. This is the best cauliflower dish I have ever made.
https://thewoksoflife.com/general-tsos-cauliflower/

Heck yes! Cheesecake Factory (I don't care for that place much but forced to go sometimes with company) has Korean fried cauliflower and is off the hook good. Pretty much all I get there and seems similar.

640x360-Korean-Fried-Cauliflower.jpg

Awesome cook Sako!

We sell ours to a supply chain that includes the Costco buyer, you never know might be getting some of our cattle. :)

Back