THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

you all are killing me... here I am allergic to pork, and you just gave me a setback just looking at all that good stuff... That is the hardest part for me competing... I can not taste what I am cooking in the 2 pork categories. My wife is usually with me so she gets to do all of the suffering for me tasting them.... dang it all.

I don't use the yellow stuff, nor the honey while cooking. I put the honey in my sauce. I use a sweeter rub, and when I foil, I put some apple juice and a little of the sauce in the foil, with the ribs upside down. After pulling out of the foil, I then start my saucing and usually do 3 total coats counting the final "glaze" coat. Now I didn't really give out my secrets, so don't read this...

Bill

I dont usually foil, but I think I will have to give these a try..I like my rubs with some heat in them and then I usually use sweet baby rays, so I do like some sweet in my meat

you all are killing me... here I am allergic to pork, and you just gave me a setback just looking at all that good stuff... That is the hardest part for me competing... I can not taste what I am cooking in the 2 pork categories. My wife is usually with me so she gets to do all of the suffering for me tasting them.... dang it all.

I don't use the yellow stuff, nor the honey while cooking. I put the honey in my sauce. I use a sweeter rub, and when I foil, I put some apple juice and a little of the sauce in the foil, with the ribs upside down. After pulling out of the foil, I then start my saucing and usually do 3 total coats counting the final "glaze" coat. Now I didn't really give out my secrets, so don't read this...

Bill
I just about cried when you said you were allergic to pork. sorry bro

Nice ribs guys!! I've always used the brown sugar and honey but not the parkay. I've never had any complaints but I may try it that way just to try it.

Did you take them out of the foil to crisp them up any? I did the same thing and got rib mush. The outside tasted incredible though.
For my comp ribs they come out of foil at about 11:15 and get sauced and stay in FE until 12:15 or so. temp depends on how done they are. When coming out of foil mine will fall apart if I'm not careful Go meat side down then all 3 racks get sauced. By the time I finish that and turn them they are firming up a little. Usually back in cooker at 11:25.
I've not been watching Pit Masters. Is there more of a recipe?
Yup. Lots more. that's why we take classes.

And final comment, my comp ribs are so sweet and spicy you'll get sick eating 6 ribs. They are not eating ribs. Eating ribs are dry ribs with no foil. And first pics on thread look like good comp ribs.

Back