THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Been talking to my Cajun buddy who was dropping me some goodies off this weekend and it just hit me mid stride yesterday... told Sharon I would handle supper last night and drove off..... was not sure what I would do... so I decided on gumbo and catfish..... dirty rice wil be later this week......

Started out with my Rue.... I like it not to dark ... but not to light....

First things first....the Rue.. usually I don't measure just do by feel but for this post I measured

Watched and stirred to the consistentancy and color I like

Added the chopped pepppers and onions

Don't lol like much.... but it's right

Had the pot going with chicken broth... and added some beef Base... also had some home cannned tomatoes some royals too

Addded 2 pounds of shrimp and 2 pounds of conecuh sausage .....

This pic only shows one pound of Conecuh and of course Tony's seasoning

The pot is looking good

You will see the okra it was addded last right after the shrimp..... have not made it in a while ..... but is was spot on

For the catfish this is what I use .... no egg dredge I like it very light

No pics of the frying of fish but here are som played pics......

I did cut up some taters too

Few pics of a cook on my firepit I built

Kabobs at night...beef.. boneless thighs... shrimp... onion ... pineapple

Had a tomohawk steak too

More on the firepit

Smores on the pit.... 1st time I've ever had them

I loved the smores

As clean as you will se me.... at my stepsons wedding in Louisiana

thx for taking a peep!!!!!!!!

Looking good Paul, but you forgot to tell everyone how this Yankee caught you frying up unbreaded catfish. ��

Looking good Paul, but you forgot to tell everyone how this Yankee caught you frying up unbreaded catfish. ��

Bud I'm glad you did.... I think I got excited or preoccupied... I actually ate a couple of those today..... and they were very good..... I got to be on my toes around you...

Bud I'm glad you did.... I think I got excited or preoccupied... I actually ate a couple of those today..... and they were very good..... I got to be on my toes around you...

It's all good Paul, just busting your chops. I was first introduced to fried catfish in 1985 at a Po Folks restaurant in Charleston, SC and have been a fan ever since.

Thx everyone... I've eat a lot of gumbo and of corse I think mine tops them all.... I will add once I started cooking it I made another small pan of Rue just a little darker... it needed thickening a little plus I wanted it a little darker... got home from the refinery today and added another 1.5 pounds of shrimp......... I love this stufff over a little rice .....sharon has a new boss from Cajun country and I'm going to send her some tomorrow.... I think she will love it.... it has the true gumbo flavor like I like... spicy.... a little kick... and smooth

Very cool Paul!

Dang I'm in awe brother. I have the same cast iron skillet but haven't used it as well, thanks for sharing your way of cooking. :)

Beautiful bride!

Shoot, Paul.. doesn't get any better than that!! Mighty fine eats! Love the looks of that fire pit too. :grin:

Man, please......you had me with the gumbo and then just took it from there.

Great looking eats and super family.

Looking dapper in your dud's. I'll get into a suit every now and again, too.....but rather be rolling along with a Dawgs T-shirt.

Our teams will likely be meeting at the SEC Championship game.

Great post, Paul.

One of these days soon I'll be making that phone call and placing my order for a mighty fine pit from you and your family. Looking forward to it bigtime.

Back