THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoking Westy

is one Smokin' Farker
Did a couple good cooks over the weekend that I thought were worthy of sharing.

First up, my buddy just got back from Louisiana and brought back some big shrimp. We decided we would fix them up a couple ways - one peeled and rubbed down with Oakridge BBQ's Crucible rub for some heat and then the others we would leave in the shell and cook over some cherry. Fried zuchini out of the garden and jalapeno poppers with homemade bacon would be the sides.

The shrimp...

We picked out some of the smaller ones to rub with the Crucible, here they are getting happy on the Kamado...

And ready to eat...

While the shrimp were cooling, we tossed in some of the zucchini

We also whipped up some homemade shrimp sauce - first attempt at doing this and it was fantastic...

First round of shrimp down...on to the big boys...

Poppers!

and done!

And lets not forget dessert - homemade buckeyes...

The next night I fired up the WSM to cook up a homegrown turkey and chicken. My buddy brought both birds over for us to try. I rubbed both down with some Bovine Bold (damn good on chicken, taters, veggies, etc.) and tossed them on the WSM with some cherry that was running right about 300.

Didn't get many pictures but here is the final product before pulling it off the Weber...

and you don't have to brine to get a juicy bird...

Both of these birds were fantastic, so much better than anything I've bought in the store.

Thanks for looking!

Back