THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GammaRei

Full Fledged Farker
I have been on a bbq/grilling kick this last week due to the quarantine. I work nights and am considered "essential". Last weekend before work I decided that I was going to grill all weekend. It started out with this grilled salmon.

The salmon was purchased from Luckys instead of our normal Costco runs. The difference between the two was quite remarkable, this salmon filet was huge approx 2" in the center. Unlike Costco filet's that are quite thin.

Set up a two stage fire and placed the filets on the well oiled grill.

I was able to turn the filets with two spatulas to prevent them from breaking apart and was able to keep the slices intact during cooking.

I wish I had a better photo after the fish was done cooking, but here is the end result of my efforts.

- G

Impressive! And an impressive formation of briquettes, there's just one out of line. :-D

That looks awesome! I tried once with salmon, so easy to mess it up and it didn't look half as good as yours...

Looks great! How did you season it? Or was it in a marinade?

Have you tried cooking the salmon on a cedar plank? Outstanding and salmon is not one of my favorites!!

Back