THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Grilled Pork Chops with Maple Syrup-Brandy Glaze

This is a throwdown entry. Please look at all the great entries here...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114390

I started out with a couple of thick-cut bone-in pork loin chops. I brined them for two hours in Dr. BBQ's simple brine, which I can't post here without infringing on his copyright. It really is simple, with k-salt and turbo sugar as the primary ingredients.

I rinsed them, and seasoned with fresh ground black pepper -- no salt needed after the brine.

They were grilled on both direct and indirect heat until the IT hit 145 degrees. I flipped and basted with the glaze about three rotations.

The glaze was inspired by my desire to use maple syrup with a pork chop, with the assistance of multiple recipes I found on the internets. Basically, it was real maple syrup, brandy, dijon mustard, garlic, and a touch of apple cider vinegar. I simmered it, then strained it to make a glaze I could brush on during the cook.

I plated it, and added a little more of the glaze. Since there is no "short bus rule" on this TD, I plated on a bed of wild rice with garlic butter. But, it really added nothing. The pork chop was awesome by itself. I can't believe I never brined chops before. I will from now on.

The maple syrup worked even better than I expected. I don't know how much the Brandy contributed. There was only about a teaspoon of vinegar, but it balanced the sweetness of the syrup perfectly.

I love this one -- so it will probably get a zero. :laugh:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CD

Back