Grilled Lamb Loin Chops & Lobster (pics)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Doing a little nice dinner for the wife and I tonight. Didn't plan on it, but when I was at Costco getting some chicken for practice I saw a few things I didn't want to pass up :-D.

Been a while since I've grabbed lobster tails and also picked up some lamb loin chops which I haven't done before. Love me some rack of lamb so wanted to try these. I highly now recommend them :becky:.

Did a chimichurri sauce for the lamb so found a good cilanto chimichurri recipe and gave it a spin

Salt, pepper and chipotle on the lamb

Ready for the grill. Olive oil and s&p on the lobster. Melted some butter with garlic in there to put on the meat

Meat on

Getting there

Done and resting for a few minutes. About 3mins a side for the lamb and about the same for the lobster I think

Caesar salad on the side

Added the chimicurri

These lamb loin chops were awesome will definitely be doing them again. Only cooked a few tonight and the rest went to the freezer.

Here's the chimichurri recipe for anyone that wanted to try
Cilantro Chimichurri:
1 bunch Cilantro or about 1 cup packed (stems OK)
1 bunch Italian Parsley- about 1 cup packed (thin stems OK)
¼ C fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
½ C olive oil
¼ C chopped onion
2 garlic cloves
ground cumin 2 tsp
ground coriander 2 tsp
salt ¾ tsp kosher
jalapeño -1/2 a pepper

Chimichurri Instructions: In a food processor, place jalapeno, garlic, onion, and pulse several times until chopped. Add cilantro ( stems are fine) and Italian parsley ( again, thin stems are fine), pulse again. Add oil, lime juice, cumin, coriander, and salt. Pulse until combined. Set aside in small serving bowl.

That looks and sounds tasty, nice job on the Loins, one of the best cuts I reckon

I also love this cut. They are like little lamb t bones and you sure did them justice. Lobster looks equally delicious! Fantastic cook.

Those look better than the $50 rack of lamb I had at a "high end" restaurant this weekend! Nice work!!!lobster sounds amazing as well

Those look better than the $50 rack of lamb I had at a "high end" restaurant this weekend! Nice work!!!lobster sounds amazing as well

We both really loved the lamb. Really like rack of lamb too so will trade this out on occasion. Yeah we don't do the higher end places much anymore since you can cook steak and lobster for a fraction of the price and grab multiple bottles of whatever booze you want too :-D. For $40 got us all that meat and we only cooked 4 of the 10 lamb loin chops. Still 6 left for another time :biggrin1:. So the next time lobster will cost me $20 and I already have the lamb.

Back