THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations on doing your research and getting a great deal! I'm a big fan of Grilla Grills, but there are a lot of great cookers on the market today. I'm sure you'll be happy and a 7 year warranty is VERY attractive.

Congrats! You're gonna love the Pellet Pro. It sounds like you have perfect timing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was really considered the Grilla Silverbac Alpha, It has stainless cooking grates, double wall construction and wifi. The Pellet Pro has almost double the sq in of cooking space, 1190 vs 692 unless you buy the upper shelf extension for the grilla. Pellet Pro 35 lb pellet hopper vs 20 lb for the Grilla, The squared off lid on the Pellet Pro will give more headroom for using the upper shelf. Both have PID controllers with the Grilla having the wifi, I really do not see me needing wifi as I have a Inkbird IRF-2S Digital Thermometer that I can use to remote monitor if needed. When Dennis offered the demo grill at a very attractive discount it was for me a no brainer.
Later Guys, Tom

Grilla Grills do not have wifi, right off of their website;
While Grilla has added these features, you may ask, “What about the cool features like a WiFi PID controller?” Even though the world is in a state of non-stop technology overload, we conducted research to find out just how much consumers utilize the WiFi feature on their grills. We found that 90% of people who paid the extra $300-$400 for the feature, had only used it an average of two times over the life of the grill. Right now, we want our grill to remain affordable to the average consumer so we leave this feature off, but if in the future it ends up being something our consumers want, we would begin taking a look at adding it on our grills. Saving money on these gadgets allows us to put more money into vital components of the grill, like the grill grates. Cheap grill grates need to be replaced often and will continue costing you money, even if the rest of the grill holds up. Our grates are made of ¼ inch stainless steel rod while many competitor pellet grills under $1,000 offer cheaper, low quality powdered coated .170 powder coated steel.

While Grilla has added these features, you may ask, “What about the cool features like a WiFi PID controller?” Even though the world is in a state of non-stop technology overload, we conducted research to find out just how much consumers utilize the WiFi feature on their grills. We found that 90% of people who paid the extra $300-$400 for the feature, had only used it an average of two times over the life of the grill. Right now, we want our grill to remain affordable to the average consumer so we leave this feature off, but if in the future it ends up being something our consumers want, we would begin taking a look at adding it on our grills. Saving money on these gadgets allows us to put more money into vital components of the grill, like the grill grates. Cheap grill grates need to be replaced often and will continue costing you money, even if the rest of the grill holds up. Our grates are made of ¼ inch stainless steel rod while many competitor pellet grills under $1,000 offer cheaper, low quality powdered coated .170 powder coated steel.

Sorry, my mistake, I looked at many grills and forgot that the Grilla is not wifi. What it does have is a dual mode controller.

Congrats Tom - looking forward to hearing about your cooks!

Thanks, I just received a shipping notice from the trucking company that the grill will be here tomorrow afternoon. I hope to first use it Thursday to smoke a Turkey I was planning on doing in my Weber Kettle. I cannot believe that they got it shipped that soon. Will post pictures when it is on my deck.
Tom

Funny thing is that my decision was between Grilla and Rec Tec. The WiFi thing is why I chose Rec Tec. I am really curious just how necessary it will really be. Life would go on without it no doubt. I got my grill today and learned that from my barstool I cannot see the controller screen without standing up so right there I am glad I have WiFi. First world problems

Normally i would recommend the Rec Tec, but i have not been happy with them ever since they removed a bunch of advanced features from the WiFi App. Will never buy another Rec Tec again. And a FYI, the APP automaticly updates without your consent, so you wake up one day and Poof, features gone!

Normally i would recommend the Rec Tec, but i have not been happy with them ever since they removed a bunch of advanced features from the WiFi App. Will never buy another Rec Tec again. And a FYI, the APP automaticly updates without your consent, so you wake up one day and Poof, features gone!

Which features did they remove from the app?

Back