Grilla Grills Customer Support

countryrocker212

Knows what a fatty is.
I didn’t know if I should post this or not but I don’t see a lot of posts about grilla grills on here and I figured some of you would like to know.
I ordered a silverbac alpha on Saturday, it was shipped on Monday, delivered to the freight place on Tuesday, and I received it yesterday. I was very impressed with the shipping and packaging.
Yesterday I didn’t have a lot of spare time so I took a half hour and started putting it together. I got as far as putting the body on the frame and decided to call it a day. When I was wheeling the grill into my garage the welds on one side of the bracket that holds the wheels on broke. I took a picture and emailed grilla right away which was about 6:30pm. By 7:00pm they had wrote me back and said they would send out my replacement.
This was a big purchase for me and one of the reasons I went with grilla was because I heard they had great customer service. I wish I didn’t have to use it so soon but I’m glad it was addressed quickly. Hopefully when I get the replacement base everything else goes smoother. I didn’t take any pictures since I didn’t have much time other than the broken welds that are hard to make out.
I just wanted to make this post to help others with their decisions.

Attachments

• 13591C9D-EED3-4ED1-8DC2-903BEE0900CA.jpg
    13591C9D-EED3-4ED1-8DC2-903BEE0900CA.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 225
I didn’t know if I should post this or not but I don’t see a lot of posts about grilla grills on here and I figured some of you would like to know.
I ordered a silverbac alpha on Saturday, it was shipped on Monday, delivered to the freight place on Tuesday, and I received it yesterday. I was very impressed with the shipping and packaging.
Yesterday I didn’t have a lot of spare time so I took a half hour and started putting it together. I got as far as putting the body on the frame and decided to call it a day. When I was wheeling the grill into my garage the welds on one side of the bracket that holds the wheels on broke. I took a picture and emailed grilla right away which was about 6:30pm. By 7:00pm they had wrote me back and said they would send out my replacement.
This was a big purchase for me and one of the reasons I went with grilla was because I heard they had great customer service. I wish I didn’t have to use it so soon but I’m glad it was addressed quickly. Hopefully when I get the replacement base everything else goes smoother. I didn’t take any pictures since I didn’t have much time other than the broken welds that are hard to make out.
I just wanted to make this post to help others with their decisions.

Ok.. so what decisions are you helping with? You are saying the customer service is good? I just purchased the silverbac myself.. LOL!! I'm excited!

Ok.. so what decisions are you helping with? You are saying the customer service is good? I just purchased the silverbac myself.. LOL!! I'm excited!

Someone in the fence about spending that much money on a smoker? Grilla isn’t talked about a whole lot on here thought any info might help people out. Yes as of now the customer service is good I can only hope the smoker will be too.

Someone in the fence about spending that much money on a smoker? Grilla isn’t talked about a whole lot on here thought any info might help people out. Yes as of now the customer service is good I can only hope the smoker will be too.

Well that's the problem I ran into.. Not alot of Info except from their own video's.. but EVERYONE i have read outside of the company, has had nothing but pleasant experiences with their products! Just pulled the trigger, Money is already spent.. I assume we're looking at late next week.. for delivery.. the wait is gonna kill me lmao

I do have a question tho... When you placed the order? did you order a cover? order pellets? Their pellets are pretty expensive for a 20lb bag at 19.99.. I'll be traveling to a town 1 hour away to a rural king to get lumber jack pellets.

What accessories did you buy with it? Did it come with a free bag of pellets? anything else free with it? Just curious to know what to expect with my order.. I did buy ONE bag of pellets just to get me cooking. First cook will be ribs probably.. got the comp blend. I'll buy the top rack extension and a cover for it at a later date as I could barely afford the cooker its self. But I do believe I'll be alot more happy with this purchase than buying one of the $500 pit boss cookers.

I didn’t get a cover it’s going to stay in the garage. I ordered the grill grates, the top rack extension, and the accessory pack. It didn’t come with pellets and I didn’t order any. I have a farm and fleet down the street and they have lumberjack for $10 a bag.

I didn’t get a cover it’s going to stay in the garage. I ordered the grill grates, the top rack extension, and the accessory pack. It didn’t come with pellets and I didn’t order any. I have a farm and fleet down the street and they have lumberjack for $10 a bag.

Yeah I'm gonna find a good supply for pellets but I dont mind traveling 1 hr away and stocking up on lumber jack until I find a better source. That is what I will be doing while I wait for this thing to come.

The wait is whata gonna get me haha. I'm ready to start cooking... what's ur first cook gonna be? Think mine will be ribs and a fatty for the breathern tradition.

Also I will buy a cover. I have a building it will be stored in but the ground is gravel gonna suck with the caster wheels. I have an over hang roof where I use my electric smoker I'm gonna build a level pad for the silverbac and buy a cover for it. Might get a little wet but it doesn't get wet enough for the cover to fail at doing its job

New base arrived yesterday with a broken wheel. Luckily I was able to swap one out from the old base and get everything put together and heating up. There’s a gap in the lid which I guess is a common issue that has to be adjusted but I’ll get to that later. It seems like for the price they should be taking care of the qc issues before they’re sent out, but I’m happy and the grill is heating up now.
Sorry don’t know how to fix the sideways pictures.

Attachments

• F6485999-5008-4BFB-910A-2F9895EF6540.jpg
    F6485999-5008-4BFB-910A-2F9895EF6540.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 95868791-A0BD-4705-9BE8-BDEAACE4BC68.jpg
    95868791-A0BD-4705-9BE8-BDEAACE4BC68.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 81
Sorry for all your troubles. I have a feeling your gonna love they way it cooks though.

I just got my chimp last week with zero issues. Very happy.

I smoked a fatty and wings. They turned out ok cause I rushed the cook (too hot).

This morning I threw on a smaller Butt and the grill has held temp flawlessly while I’ve been away from home.

It been super efficient with pellets. 5 hrs in @240 and it’s used maybe a few (solo) cup fulls of pellets.

I’ve been monitoring with my fireboard and really impressed with the two modes. Hope this turns out to be your experience too!

I have nothing to cook right now but I just put the Igrill in there to see how it runs in the different modes like you said. I’m curious how big the swing is in mode 2.

New base arrived yesterday with a broken wheel. Luckily I was able to swap one out from the old base and get everything put together and heating up. There’s a gap in the lid which I guess is a common issue that has to be adjusted but I’ll get to that later. It seems like for the price they should be taking care of the qc issues before they’re sent out, but I’m happy and the grill is heating up now.
Sorry don’t know how to fix the sideways pictures.

Yeah during my research I read issues about the lid. Grilla Grillz has a video on this specific topic.. I'm hoping to hear from the shipping company in the next few days. got confirmed emails and confirmed order. but nothing is moving. but probably because I ordered friday.

It was just a matter of taking the lid off and bending the tabs on the lid so they line up with the bolt holes.
So far besides the initial fire up mode 2 has a pretty consistent swing. I have the Cooker set for 300. I’m guessing the initial overshoot is part of the algorithm.

Attachments

• 4FFD50F6-ACCB-4214-AB03-FFD2BF825194.jpg
    4FFD50F6-ACCB-4214-AB03-FFD2BF825194.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 35
First cook, completely un barbecue related. Muffin pan shrimp Rockefeller. Not as brown as I would have liked but I didn’t want to over cook the shrimp. They don’t look great but they were great for a first try at them.

Attachments

• 5A938F15-6054-4E94-B943-989BCC6AAB7F.jpg
    5A938F15-6054-4E94-B943-989BCC6AAB7F.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 28
Back