THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
On my MAK grill the bottom grates do not have handles so I usually use a gloved hand and/or spatula to remove them. It works but it's not ideal, especially if the grates are hot.

I know there are a lot of grill grate lifters out there based on my Google search and they seem to range from around $8 to over $20.

I am sure many of you use a homemade solution or have even purchased a ready made tool.

Any suggestions? I am not opposed to spending a few bucks for one that works well and will keep me from burning myself!

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

old lawn tools work great. pruners/hedgeclippers, the claw of a hammer, screwdrivers.

1st-jan17-copy-jpg.480815
i usually use my biggest spatula. thats a 5+lb boneless half pork loin btw, and a regular BIC lighter, for size reference

I use to have a wire hook from a convenience store display that was perfect for lifting grates. I don't even know where it came from or where it went. sort of like my awl I used to use for probing brisket it just appeared one day

Back