THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J

JChris_FL

Hi all,
I am glad to have found this community of smoke enthusiasts! I am a native of St. Louis, MO but have resided in Central FL for the last 24 years. I grew up eating great grilled pork steaks, chicken and marinated chuck steaks. In my youth, I moved to Texas and fell in love with Tex-Mex and of course Texas style BBQ; the ribs, the sausages and of course the brisket! I have always enjoyed cooking and grilling and dabbled a bit with smoking. I did a few turkeys and turkey parts years back. Three years ago, July 4, 2010 I did a Boston butt for pulled pork and four racks of ribs. My equipment was primitive, but did the job. The holiday crowd at my house loved the results. I decided, that day, that I wanted to try my hand at a brisket. Not just a flat, but a full brisket ( I wanted the point for burnt ends). Not my finest results, but still very good (the ends were good too). I have since done more ribs, both pork and beef, with improving results. I enjoy experimenting with creating my own dry rubs and want to venture into making my own sauces. I enjoy sweet and spicy sauces, like the kind I grew up on (the St. Louis and Kansas City style sauces). In addition to learning all I can about smoking, I am working to find the worlds best carne asada methods and recipes. I am happy to have found this group and hope to learn all I can and share all I know. Thank you all.

Welcome fellow Floridian, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back