Greetings from south Alabama

JayQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Greetings all... I've been an occasional lurker for a while (especially during tough cooks) and decided to join up and hopefully learn a few things. I've bought my first COS back in 09 and ran it till it nearly collapsed. Currently I have a Landmann GOSM and an OK Joe. The gasser has been my sausage maker and when it's cold enough in south Alabama occasionally I'll put some cheeses in with help of my smoke tube. I really like the OK Joe. It's sealed up tight with a tuning plate mod. It just doesn't like to run below 275. One day I'd like to upgrade to a Lang or similar. All in all I still got quite a lot to learn but I can't see myself waiting more than being backyard enthusiasts.

Mostly I will probably just annoy the old timers here with questions that have been answered time and again. And I'll try to stop in an join in on a few threads from time to time. I may even drop some Q pr0n. I got 2 butts, a rack of spare, and beef ribs going on in the morning so I may be back sooner rather than later.:-D

Welcome to the forum Jay from sunny SE Az.

Welcome to The Brethren Jay. One day you'll be on the forum answering questions and realize that You are one of those old timers :icon_bugeyed

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Jay, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome aboard Jay!

I'm an old timer and can tell you that this might be the friendliest buncha folks around so ask away!

Back