THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outnumbered

is One Chatty Farker
Hello everyone. First, thanks to MoKan Meatheads BBQ Team for telling me about this site at the Kearney, Missouri, contest this weekend. It was my first one (team name We Knead Meat). I'd also like to thank those guys for helping me and my buddy out by answering our questions, giving me a tour of their cook site and giving me some encouragement after the contest.

We didn't do well in the overalls, no calls, but we had a blast. My 49 of 53 in ribs and 48 of 53 in brisket didn't deter. I did stand 11th in pork and 16 in chicken, so that made up for my disappointment on the other two categories.

We're in Smithville, Mo, which is just 10 miles straight east of the KC airport. I've been cooking in the backyard for about 10-15 years and decided I need to try the competition thing. It's safe to say I'm hooked now and I'm starting to look forward to my next one already.

I cook on a really cheap, really old Brinkman offset that I bought at Home Depot several years ago. I'm thinking I need to upgrade at some point, but not sure to what yet. I figure it's like golf though; as much as I'd like to blame any disappointments on the equipment, I don't think that's always the case.

I work for a farm magazine as their Web editor. Originally from Iowa and I'm an avid Iowa State Cyclone fan. For once my Clones have a better record than my beloved Chiefs...who look realy ugly right now.

My wife, a Texas girl, and I have three little girls...10, 7 and 4. (That's where the Outnumbered name comes from.)

Looking forward to participating and learning from everyone on here.

Welcome to the site...like I said you will find the answers to most of your BBQ (and everything else) questions. it was great to meet you this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back