THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

refugee

Hello all,
I'm new to the forums, was kind of directed from from watching the ManCaveMeals on youtube. I am new to BBQ/smokers but have already pulled the trigger and have all the parts I need to build my first UDS (picking up the actual drum tomorrow) and expect to have it completed and everything seasoned this weekend. If I get a break and the stars align I hope to test it all out with a couple chickens.

A bit more about me, I am by no means even a "decent" cook, I can grill steaks, brats, and a few other things, but nothing on the magnitude of an accomplished cook, in fact I'm even worse in the kitchen. My hope is to be able to develop my *outdoor* cooking skills, and I believe this site will make that goal a reality.

I really became seriously interested in BBQ/smoking from a co-worker who first explained what a UDS was to me, and due to my physical location being about smack dab in the middle of the highest concentration of grillers on the planet (honestly, when I leave for work, and when I get home, there's always someone cooking something outside that smells incredible.) or at least close to the highest population :)

Anyway, I've read others intros, and understand it's often customary to include build pics, etc. so I hope to make my next post a commentary with pics on how my build went together.

Till then, thanks for this very nice resource, I plan on gleaning lots of bbq ninja skills while here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back