THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southwind

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Hello to all. Very informative website. I just received my first pellet grill and I am looking for some setup advice. I have the Jim bowie from GMG.
I have to set up outside and was wondering if a cover would suffice or if I should build some sort of enclosure. I would like to grill all winter and if rain occurs during the cook should I have some sort of lean to above or build a cabinet. Dont want to block off air completely. Any sugg. Thanks. Can't wait. I'll let you know how first ribs turn out.

Well a lean too would be a great thing to have so you could cook during rain or snow. Or I built a frame the size of a sheet of plywood and put that in the airi on 4"x4"'s so I have a 4'x8' roof to work under.

Go to pelletheads.com. This is a forum devoted to all things pellet cooking. The is a forum the specifically for GMG owners. It's a great and friendly site.

Welcome to the Brethren!
I use a Memphis Pro pellet cooker and keep it on a covered patio. Not enclosed, just a roof overhead.

results first cook

Hey guys thanks for the advice. I fired it up for first time and grilled hamburgers. Turned out yummy. I followed that up w 2 racks of baby back ribs. I set the temp at 225. One rack had famous Dave's rib rub and the other I just used garlic powder. I used the 321 method and they looked great but they might have been a little over cooked.. I actually preferred the onion powder seasoning one better. I topped w sweet baby rays which was good. I'll keep trying and continue to post. Thanks

Back