THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We get chiles in burlap bags. Each bag holds 30 pounds. Cost $35 a bag roasted. Bought two bags. Chile is from San Antonio, NM - you know, the birth place of Conrad Hilton, home of the Owl Bar. Made hot, chopped green chile sandwiches with fresh potato bread and garlic butter...mmmm...only happens once a year.

30 pound sack, roasted for $30 @ Rosales Produce in Los Ranchos.
Chile was grown in Lemitar, NM. Shrink is about 50%, since we vacuum bagged 16 pounds of peeled & stemmed green chile.

The red is supposed to come in this week.

We get chiles in burlap bags. Each bag holds 30 pounds. Cost $35 a bag roasted. Bought two bags. Chile is from San Antonio, NM - you know, the birth place of Conrad Hilton, home of the Owl Bar. Made hot, chopped green chile sandwiches with fresh potato bread and garlic butter...mmmm...only happens once a year.

30 pound sack, roasted for $30 @ Rosales Produce in Los Ranchos.
Chile was grown in Lemitar, NM. Shrink is about 50%, since we vacuum bagged 16 pounds of peeled & stemmed green chile.

The red is supposed to come in this week.

The benefits of living in NM. I picked up 2 sacks (I think they were 40# each) last Friday at Farmer's market. $70 roasted. Nice and meaty with a great bite. The problem that I have is, every time my daughter comes in to town she takes 1/2 of my stash back to STL with her. :cry:

The benefits of living in NM. I picked up 2 sacks (I think they were 40# each) last Friday at Farmer's market. $70 roasted. Nice and meaty with a great bite. The problem that I have is, every time my daughter comes in to town she takes 1/2 of my stash back to STL with her. :cry:

Tell her to bring ME some!!

Good Dad - you bought two...

Back