THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nuco59

Babbling Farker
The wife picked up a 1# bag of mild Hatch chiles at Kroger. I fired up the 18" Weber with my dog bowl "vortex" and roasted them off. Was going to vac bag and freeze for later use when I eyed an 8# pork butt in the fridge.

Why don't I carve off about half and make stew? The other half I can smoke tomorrow.:idea:
But it's AUGUST.:crazy:
Yeah, but it's not getting to 90* today- so it's like a cold front, right?:thumb:

I convinced myself- and the Instantpot came thru like a champ.

Purists would probably poopooh my version. I included diced, roasted tomatillos in the cook and diced potatoes towards the end.

I had "several" bowls with fresh flour tortillas.

Off to the store for more peppers- they are sort of a pain to char, skin and devein /seed-but I'll do it again gladly.

I have some in the pressure cooker right now. I’m clearing that last bags from the freezer to make room for the new harvest.

I’m no purist, as I am using a chuck roast, but I’m definitely not in the tomatilla camp….only in the worst back allies of New Mexico would you see that. :razz:

Good you enjoyed it!

Back