Great outdoors Smoky Mountain

It looks like you have the "Big Block" GOSM, which is a nice size. I had the 3605 GOSM with the 14" grates, which I thought was kind of small, but it was a great smoker for me at a time when I did'nt have the time to devote to Q'n. I loved it and it never failed me for the years I had it. I would normally get 26-30+ hours of smoking on a tank of propane, the size of the chip box was never a concern for me, as I used Lazarri chips and Little Chief chips moistened and only a couple pans over the course of most cooks. I put a galvanized drip pan under mine, the fats drip all over anytime you pull out a grate, it'll save your beautiful deck! Foil the drip pan and add some sand or grill lava rocks/ceramic briqs for a heat sink, add a drip pan on top and it'll save you the messy cleanup. Foil is your friend when using the GOSM!

I love my GOSM gasser too. Couple things, I bought cake pans and subbed them for the stock wood and water pan. They will hold more water and wood. ALso get an automotive drip pan for under the smoker. THey leak a lot of grease throught the legs and it makes a mess. Lastly, save the beer for your internal water pan. It really won't help with flavor. You could things like onion, garlic, orange, lime, herbs in the water if you want an aroma, but even those won't impart any flavor. Also leave the top vent open all the way all the time.

Looking really good so far.

Back