*** Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co - MI

Well it's getting close to the GAB. Vern is helping me with boxes and maybe more. Vern I'll be calling you this weekend.

If there's anybody out there that is willing to make a sacrifice and baby sit my site during the Invitational awards Saturday I sure would appreciate it.

And if anybody wants to sit in a comfortable chair and drink beer or jack from 6 until midnight Saturday I have a job for you. Keep an eye on things while I try to nap. Bonus points if you make up parsley boxes while drinking and you get all my leftovers Sunday. And I will give you the combination to the porta potty lock :biggrin:

I'll help ya out Ford...Walt doesn't need my help anymore..:rolleyes: :razz:. All kidding aside, have fun and do good!! We'll miss ya at Wesmont!!

I missed your call. Was out doing mowing and them Mothers day stuff will try to call you this evening. I'm planning on being out there all weekend. I getting Friday off.

Helper at Goshen

Well it's getting close to that Goshen IN contest. Anybody want to be a runner/helper for me? July 11-12. I provide some food, drinks, a good cigar if you want and the opportunity to watch this grumpy old guy mess up brisket again and again. Thank goodness the judges can at least stomach my other turn-ins.:biggrin:

And no I'm not bringing the Harley Trophy Bike. But I may bring a picture :icon_cool:icon_cool

Ford, I can't make it on Friday because my neice is getting married but I may be able to get down there Saturday morning. I should be able to let you know this weekend.

Any one who is thinking of taking Fords offer to spend a comp with him should.I will do it again in a heartbeat if the opportunitty comes up again....If he lets me.After Fort Atkinson this year next year he will most likely have all the girls from the club wanting to help him.That leaves the big ugly guy out watching Billy perform:eek:

Any one who is thinking of taking Fords offer to spend a comp with him should.I will do it again in a heartbeat if the opportunitty comes up again....If he lets me.After Fort Atkinson this year next year he will most likely have all the girls from the club wanting to help him.That leaves the big ugly guy out watching Billy perform:eek:

Somehow I think I'll be the one worrying about what you are cooking because I'd bet you'll cook it next year.

Thanks again for the help. It sure was nice to have a helper that knows how to cook and can anticipate what I'll be doing next.

2009 Schedule - victims welcome

Well it's getting to that time again

April 24-25 - Eagle MI GLBBQA Practice cook
May 23-24 Westmount Il
June12-13 - Wolf it Down BBQ Bash, Ft Atkinson WI - defending champion Planning to party this year and this is an adults only event although we let Billy in. :twisted:
June 26-27 Auburn Hills MI
July 11-12 Lowell MI
July 24-25 Grand Rapids MI
Aug 21-22 Mt Morris MI
Sept 11-12 Silver Lake MI
Swpt 25-26 Sparta MI

I can always use a runner although I'm pretty sure I have one for Auburn Hills. If you just want to attend a competition and get an idea what it's about then come on out. You can decide how much you do or don't do within the limits I set. I pretty much do all the meat prep, cooking and cleaning but can use a little help cleaning, doing boxes, and with tear down.

I may be able to help out with the Ohio one. Keep me posted.

New contest. It's part of their harvest festival. Should receive KCBS sanctioning at the April meeting and it already has the Governors proclamation.

Well sounds like an excuse for another party, may even splurge and drink some of that nasty jack.

SCott

Hi Ford,
I'm looking for some experience before I enter a comp on my own.
And, you come highly recommended!
I juggle a family life, but want to talk to you about your schedule to see if I can help you out somewhere.
I'll see you Sat. at the GLBBQA Practice Cook.

-Scott

Back