Gravity Feed

Mattb82

Full Fledged Farker
Gents

I love my stick burners but at the old age of 38 and two small kids I’m thinking of getting a gravity feed to make life easier, we are moving and I may be selling my ASW so I’m looking to add another option. My brisket style is 100% Texas style since the training with Dylan a few years back and I’m concerned with losing that texture with the different airflow. What kind of bark are you guys getting on the gravity? I know I can limit moisture in the chamber, use BP or go nekid to help but with that said are you seeing nice coarse bark? Thanks for the help

Nothing beats a stick burner, but from my past experience using a Stumps and my current Southern Q Limo Jr., I would say they get fairly close texture wise.

The Gravity Feeds do make life way easier. Looks like you have two offsets now, so replacing one with a Gravity probably makes a lot of sense.

Bark forming shot from this past weekend. These are beef cheeks for Barbacoa at the 2hr mark.
9ce89191be1bddef21ee993207f48a29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gravity Fed are a great concept. I have an Assassin 28 and I love it. It doesn't lay on the smoke flavor of my offset, but I'm sure it would if I made it run dirtier. The nice thing about the GF is that I can throw a lot of meat on and go to bed. I just trust it. I might get up once in the middle of the night to make sure nothing is going wrong, but otherwise it has been a great investment. If you don't want to spend much, but want the experience of GF and it's flavor, then maybe try a Masterbuilt GF. Same concept, similar flavor, for a lot less. BUT, you will not own a MB for many years like you would a Stumps or Assassin!

I've been smoking with a Stumps Stretch gravity fed for over two years. I couldn't be happier with the results. I get great bark and moisture on everything. Good luck with your decision.

Gents

I love my stick burners but at the old age of 38 and two small kids I’m thinking of getting a gravity feed to make life easier, we are moving and I may be selling my ASW so I’m looking to add another option. My brisket style is 100% Texas style since the training with Dylan a few years back and I’m concerned with losing that texture with the different airflow. What kind of bark are you guys getting on the gravity? I know I can limit moisture in the chamber, use BP or go nekid to help but with that said are you seeing nice coarse bark? Thanks for the help

I got an Old Country gravity fed a couple weeks ago and have cooked one brisket on it so far. (I also took Dylan's class BTW). Here are a few pics if they help.

2.1.jpg

5.1.jpg

6.1.jpg

Back