THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wow everything looked great and the spread was perfect great job

Great looking spread!

I liked the way you set up the tables.
You put some thought into it.

The food looks great but it's a shame that you didn't get to show off
those GREAT looking yardbirds! That skins looks AWSOME!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Can you tell us more about this "Ice on the breast" trick?

Can you tell us more about this "Ice on the breast" trick?

You put a ziploc full of ice on the breasst of the bird for about 30 minutes before cooking. It lowers the temp of the breast so they don't overcook. This way the white and dark meat finish cooking at the same time. I've done it with turkey before and it seemed to work.

winner winner chicken dinner.
put the ice on these for about 10-15 minutes to cool em down.

It worked amazing

You put a ziploc full of ice on the breasst of the bird for about 30 minutes before cooking. It lowers the temp of the breast so they don't overcook. This way the white and dark meat finish cooking at the same time. I've done it with turkey before and it seemed to work.

Congrats, gotta feel good with it coming out like that. I imagine you got a couple "lessons learned" too that'll help with the next job.

Back