THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gyosa

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Received this a few days ago - Avid Armor USV32.
I was immediately impressed with the build quality .
I am coming from a vacmaster pro 140 which has served me well for the last 6 years , but wanted something “up a notch”.
I was considering a vacmaster vp200 or this, and was leaning towards the vacmaster due to their long history . After looking at many reviews I decided to take a chance on the V32 ...
Gotta admit , I’m impressed so far .

Build quality is impeccable , solid and sturdy . One YouTube review intimated that it didn’t have a pump cooling fan , it does - doesn’t come on until you start to seal - cools the pump.

It’s quieter than I expected .

After looking at a few chamber sealers, i was examining the method they were using to hold the bag in place to seal it. This unit uses a magnetic bar on a swing arm that covers the entire seal bar , vs. a couple of clips that only marginally holds the bag in place on others .....genius , and perfectly implemented ! Well done !

It is certainly more attractive than other chamber vacs on the market , and will likely look better on the kitchen counter.

The seal bar is an engineering work of art ... springs , clamps , wires ... very well done ... obviously a lot of thought put into it - and looks to be reliably implemented.

Give it a try , I think you’ll like it .

Bonus is the inclusion of extra seal bar , gasket and rubberized “volume plate” included - Nice touch ...

Congrats on the Avid Armor! I got the smaller one - USV20 a few months ago. It's my first chamber vacuum sealer and I love mine. I only wish I had known about these years ago.

Glad you guys are getting some real reviews of these sealers. I saw them, but when it comes to fringe/new things on Amazon with what seem to be loaded reviews, I always pause. I think I'll pull the trigger on the 20.

We just started our most recent round of bulk meat buying and the smaller sealers just falter under that load.

Thanks for posting this. I've owned mine (USV32) for over a year and always meant to write a review. I love mine and rarely use my suction vac anymore. The ability to seal up wet/moist foods is a HUGE advantage. Take that pulled pork or brisket and add a ladle of de-fatted juices - - - mmm, mmm, Good!!

Best selling point for me???? Portability/Storability.... I can actually pick the thing up and put it in cabinet - something I can't do with a 90 pound beast. AvidArmor has great customer service too. I like how their chamber vac bags are prices with shipping included and they're always running a sale.

For those in the market at least check out the website.

I think I'll pull the trigger on the 20.

I don't do high capacity sealling, just leftovers, prepped meals, and raw chicken pieces, meat, etc. My USV20 has been great at that. You are limited on the size of bag you can use though. The deepest length bag is 10" maybe 11" - I've only used 10". Lenthwise, I've read you can go up to 12" (left to right). The AA website sells 11" x 10" they recommend for the USV20.

My USV20 has been great and the service from Avid Armor has been top notch. They've answered questions via email within a day and I've ordered bags from them a few times and shipping is free and super fast via Fedex.

Good luck!

Back