THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back9Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Wondering what are the good store bough pork injections out there now. I used to use recipe from Myron cook school that got me a few trophies but dont want to go through hassle of mixing it all up. Below are some I have seen. Any others that are better or reasons not to use the below. Thanks

Butcher bbq
Kosmo q
Meat Church
Victory Lane

I know it's not store bought, but if/and or when I inject pork butts I use this recipe. I really like it, and it's not too much of a hassle to mix.

Chris Lilly’s Six-Time World Championship Pork Shoulder Injection

3/4 cup apple juice
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup table salt
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
Combine all ingredients and stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.

I use Chris Lilly's too. I've recently aquired some Game Changer, which I used last time. I believe when i get it dialed in it will be my choice. It depends on your rub, but the salt in Lilly's may need to be cut a little.

Whats flavor profile of game changer? I have used their rubs in comps before with good results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Chris Lilly's too. I've recently aquired some Game Changer, which I used last time. I believe when i get it dialed in it will be my choice. It depends on your rub, but the salt in Lilly's may need to be cut a little.

I cut the salt in half on the Lilly injection, or maybe slightly less than half. IIRC the recipe calls for 1/4c of salt and I’ll do a heaping 1/8c.

Game Changer is a good pork injection too. I’ll often use some sort of juice like apple or white grape in it as opposed to straight water.

I cut the salt in half on the Lilly injection, or maybe slightly less than half. IIRC the recipe calls for 1/4c of salt and I’ll do a heaping 1/8c.

Game Changer is a good pork injection too. I’ll often use some sort of juice like apple or white grape in it as opposed to straight water.

I think the Game Changer instructions said Sprite and apple juice, I didn't have apple juice on hand at the time. It was good with Sprite only, but I will have some kind of fruit juice next time.

Back