THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatever slaw you make add cilantro in it. For an entire head of cabbage I add 1 bunch of cilantro and it makes such a unique flavor change. Everyone that has told me they dislike cilantro likes my slaw.

-Head of cabbage
-3-4 carrots
-1 bunch cilantro
-2-4 jalapenos
-Mayo and Apple cider vinegar
-Salt, pepper and cumin to taste

Figure out your mayo/vinegar ratio you like, but this is my go to base and people love it.

This is pretty similar to the slaw I make. I don't like it sweet, and my similar recipe is a hit. I add lime juice and just enough sugar to cut the acid and use soy sauce for the salt component. It adds an umami element to the slaw.

I don't think I saw this variation yet:

Horseradish Slaw

1 head of cabbage shredded or very thinly sliced
1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (or maybe pineapple yogurt - you guys might be on to something!)
1/2 cup mayo
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 T or more prepared horseradish (the stuff in the jar - but NOT horseradish cream)
1 t salt and pepper to taste

Mix well, let sit at least 2 hours. The horseradish will clear your sinuses if you put enough in! Of course you can mess with it from there - if you want it a little sweeter, add some sugar or honey, can always add celery seed, or finely chopped celery.

Back