THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CaptGrumpy

is one Smokin' Farker
My wife although 100% Italian has family in Brasil (her mother's side) and in Italia (her father's side) and we are going to be blessed with a visit from her cousin , her husband and two adopted sons that came from Brasil when they were babies.
I got the whole brisket and pork butts rubbed with EVOO and Dizzy dust and a splash of Pappy's Garlic & Herb rub and left in the reefer for 24 hours before the big smoke on Grillzilla.
I loaded the firebox with RO and hit it with the weedburner and shut the lid with both vents wide open. It was up to 500 in a matter of minutes and then I shut her almost all the way down and got it stable at 250 in another 10 minutes.
P1010048.jpg

Then I brought the meat out and loaded her up fat side down on my brisket on the bottom and the butts on the top rack. I have three nice apple chunks and some hickory chips puffing away putting the touch of flavor on tomorrow night's dinner.
P1010052.jpg

The weekend is supposed to cool down to 91 degrees tomorrow. I hope they are right. At 9:30 tonight it was a balmy 86 degrees!
P1010050.jpg

Sunday's dinner will consist of Spare ribs and Rib Eye steaks. Who the hell eats pasta. Pasta will make you fat!!!:biggrin:

Side note: I have a Dr appt in two weeks and needed to lose 15 pounds as of two weeks ago and I am at my target weight today which includes enjoying a small portion of BBQ a couple times a day with emphasis on small (2-3 oz. of meat). I would like to lose another 15-20 before the appointment and will continue the mass weight loss. Blood came back two weeks ago (first test in 4 years) and my cholestral (bad one ) came down from 209 to 168 and my good was in the lower range because I have been laying off the strenuous bike rides this spring. Need to get back to some serious workouts but at least the veins are clean (another long story related to Vioxx that resulted in a dr going in and looking for a blockage that didn't exist and got the word I had the cleanest pipes he had ever seen!) and I won't die any time soon. So don't knock the food that we cook because we do render a lot of fat out when we go low & slow! We have to watch those side dishes that are the killer such as the potato salad and macaroni salads. It is amazing that something that we love is healthy to a point!

Looking good on the grub.

Good job on the weight loss. To bad you'll be salad when Barbarian, JT and I are eating Squeeze Burgers.

Looks great brother... I am curious as to your thoughts on the XL vs a large.

Give me a few more cooks on the XL to make a comparison but so far it rocks. Pulled the brisket @1 pm this afternoon and foiled and coolered the brisket and awaiting the pork to hit 193 and in the cooler it will go and all will be ready for dinner when everyone gets home from sightseeing.
P1010055.jpg

Cleans jalapenos today and will have ABTs to go with rib eye steaks tomorrow night. Enrico has a pizza/bread wood oven at his hhome in Italy as well as being an avid BBQer and wants to learn more about low & slow. He is amazed by my fleet of Big Green Eggs. I am going to look into how he can get one in Europe. Another Egghead is about to be born.

Back