THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Howdy folks...

My Team and i spent a nice weekend at the German BBQ Championchips near Bremen in northern Germany last weekend.

The competition is split in two groups : Professionals ( Butchers, cooks, caterers and so on) and Amateurs. Judging and rules are the same, though.

We started as Amateurs in 2007 & 2008 since we dont have any professionals in the Team and won both times. The rules say that winning two times as Amateur gives you professional status so we came to play with the big dogs this time.
Since we won the WBQA world Championchips last year and also the Berlin BBQ Championchips 3 weeks ago, wich are all events with just one rating for professional and amateur teams we didnt come with bad expectations...
icon_twisted.gif

Well, to make a long story short - we won again !!!

132_DSC_0037_1.jpg

Winning this event made our Captain TB "Deutscher Grillkönig" wich means "German King of the Grill"

132_DSC_0112_2_1.jpg

We made 1st Place in Fish & Beef and 2nd in Ribs and Bratwurst ( our own Shrimp Brat recipe)

Heres some more pics of the event and our Food

613_DSCF4271_1.jpg

116_dgm1333_1.jpg

116_dgm1334_1.jpg

550_P1010794_1.jpg

206_Osterholz0038_1.jpg

550_P1010818_1.jpg

116_dgm1415_2.jpg

613_DSCF4160_1.jpg

116_dgm1440_2.jpg

116_dgm1506_3.jpg

78_NAchtisch_1.jpg

206_Osterholz0041_1.jpg

116_dgm1464_1.jpg

206_Osterholz0031_1.jpg

206_Osterholz0032_1.jpg

Next Stop : Lynchburg, Tennessee
s_cool.gif

See you in October !
a_cheers.gif

DM

Congratulations Don you guys are a force to be reckoned with....

those are great photographs! the team shots are priceless! 8)

how many trucks does it take to haul all that stuff around? i see the flatbed truck with the smokers, is there more?

outstanding job! makes me proud to be german :biggrin:

how many trucks does it take to haul all that stuff around? i see the flatbed truck with the smokers, is there more?

That truck isnt ours, it came from a catering company. I did a closer inspection and bet my left nut that this thingy will never work like it should :mrgreen:

Way too long main chamber, no tuning plates and so on.

We had our Diner Booth and bar, the team equipment, 3 char grillers and a Primo oval XL and Junior within two small Trailers ( propably the size of yours) and it way a major PITA to unload and load it all.

DM

Back