THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mankantoo

Seeing as this summers fire ban season is over I thought I'd try my hand at a little smokin' and charcoal grilling, Googled for ideas and ended up here!:clap2:

So last week I bought myself an el cheapo Weber-type kettle, after much wasted newspaper and cardboard resorted to using a butane torch and garden mulch to light the briquettes, managed to under-cook and over-smoke a batch of marinated wings, and burnt my hands ...so I guess I'm off to a great start:laugh:

Anyhoo, I've done a load of reading since arriving, have already learnt heaps, and am sure will learn a fark load more, and I'm sure I'll be pestering the resident Brains Trust for a long while yet.

Ps. Am planning on trying to build a UDS soon, too, so I guess I better have the wife organise an ambulance and fire brigade for the first lighting of that monster:redface:

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

So I'm about to try my hand out again with a butterflied leg of lamb, (marinated overnight with a store bought tube of Mediterranean herbs and spices) and I've come to the conclusion that I desperately need a charcoal chimney.
Either that or the brand of briq's I'm using is farking me around and making a fool out of me...which wouldn't surprise me:crazy:

Anyhoo, I'll try and remember to take some shots...and maybe some photos too of the finished product:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back