THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mchar69

Quintessential Chatty Farker
These came out great. My gambling wife took them to the
poker party, and they all raved -"this is the best thing I've ever eaten" kinda stuff.
Thanks, Brethren, I've learned a bit.
Pics are on the camera. But they looked like this:

I feel like I'm have a case of deja vu.....lol. accept this time we have pics!
Looks good! Just wrap all those peppers next time :biggrin1:

If I'm gonna make ABT's, I do at least 25-30, or at least a whole pack of bacon. :shock::roll:
You've got more will power than me. I couldn't let them walk out the door without at least eating one. I think we found the eighth one, aha!

Last edited:
I made 12, ate 4. Figgered 'enough'. Took 12 to a party last year and they vanished like Malasian Flight 370. How do you guys make 'em so fast? I also use one slice of bacon per ABT -too much?

I set up sort of an assembly line type deal.....

1) Top & split...
2) Core out.....
3) Fill & wrap......

** bacon is fairly thin slice, whatever length is needed for each piece....

"Like Snowflakes, Each 'Turd is Unique"

I get pretty big ones, straight as I can find to speed cutting / coring...

If there's a bunch getting done for a crowd, maybe even cut the 1/2's in half so they're little bite-sizers....

I cut & core about 2~2-1/2 # in 15~20 minutes & can wrap about 90~100 / hr if the bacon co-operates.....

Just figger out your own assembly line method.....or get help......

I had a few peppers around & did 8 last nite.....dinner was at 8.....they were gone at about 8....I ate 'em......:rolleyes:

I foil my 'Turds, too.......sometimes......

Ribs26Inch008-1.jpg

This is just me & the dawgs....wife rarely eats 'em.....

Gatherings get a bit more time spent....

KenBBQ5782011014.jpg

wow...thats nuts..a good kind of nuts

I kind of do an assembly line, and its not fast. But I can do about 40 in an hour. I slice mine in half, core them, fill them, and then wrap with 1 slice of bacon.

Back