Gasser Recommendations

Thanks for the replies. I hadn’t heard of Napoleon. I’ll have to check into those. Love the idea of a infrared searing gizmo. I usually grill steaks on my Oklahoma Joe Judge because it gets so much hotter than the gas grills I’ve used.

If you decide to go that route and aren’t planning to buy from a local distributor (assuming that’s even an option) you might want to check out greentoe.com Another member here posted about getting a Prestige through the site. He didn’t say which company filled the order but indicated that we’d all know who they were. It was a pretty substantial savings vs the retail value.

I’ve only played around on the site so no personally experience.

Sorry to go AWOL on my own thread. I decided to go with a Weber Genesis II S-345 from Costco. Just got done putting it together but it’s too late to do a burn off so back at it tomorrow. I really like what I see so far. It came with an iGrill 3 with 4 probes. I will almost for sure get a rotisserie attachment before long. Thanks for all the replies.

I went all wood and charcoal a year ago and I miss my Weber gasser for quick cooks. Great to be able to turn off the flame with no cleaning of ash which I'm getting great at! I like Weber because they keep parts availability for years and you can just keep maintaining them. Looked at Napoleon in the store and that will probably be my next gasser for the reasons already mentioned.

Congrats and happy gassing. Mine gets used fairly regularly. I think I use it mostly for putting on a sear for stuff like pork tenderloin, after they have been smoking, or doing side dishes and vegetables.

Congrats! I like my Genesis and I got the grill grates for it. You can get them rocket hot or flip’em and have a sort of griddle. Somehow the kettle took the lion’s share of outdoor cookery this year but I still wouldn’t be without a gas grill.

SABER (Char-Broil) looks nice but I have no experience with them. Does anybody know where they're made?

No idea, but they have a great warranty, lifetime in most items I think. My firebox rusted out, they asked for a few pics to confirm and sent out a new one, no questions asked.

I only use my gasser for grilling steaks burgers, and brats. Buy the cheapest thing you can find and then buy some GrillGrates.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

GrillGrates work!! Webers are getting to pricey for the quality. Should be some good gasser sales this time of year.

Back