THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haha...you should have seen the injection flying everywhere last night, it was very Dexteresque.

I believe it was some of your pictures, with the entire range covered, that made me buy the giant roll at Sams. I've used that method a few times on the kitchen table when I had a lot to prep. It really is a good idea-super simple clean up.

Well the meat was a big success yesterday, everyone seemed to enjoy it and it reheated very well. I was much happier with the taste and texture today vs on Sunday when I cooked it, I think maybe my opinion on Sunday was influenced by the "never like/want to eat what I cooked after tending a fire all day" phenomenon.

I used my sous vide setup to reheat the meat, super convenient as always because we could hold the meat indefinitely (ok, not forever but a long time) with no impact to quality. We ended up going through 6 of the 9 vacuum bags which was probably around 35lbs. Dont have an exact headcount but I figure 75 people did wind up eating over the course of the evening. I was relieved that it all came together well. It was h-o-t out, I'm glad I cooked in advance so I had no hard deadlines to worry about and wasnt too exhausted from a cook to enjoy the festivities. Vacuum seal + ice bath chill + sous vide reheat is the way to go.

Until the next big cook :thumb:

Attachments

Last edited:
Back