Got a new asalt rifle for xmas. Figured I would share it since I'm cooking.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XVGiddLUV4"]A Salt for BBQ - YouTube[/ame]

Foiled after 3hrs. Got good color. I stuck the probe so I can start checking for doneness at 202, though sometimes it hits 204 and I haven't check, but is still ok :mrgreen:. Thermapen check between 140'ish-160 depending where I stuck it. I also added in extra beef stock. Cooking at a lower temp there is normally a lot of liquid in the pan, but so much at higher temps. So adding keeps the bottom of the pan from having burnt liquid and add some juice at the end that I will de-fat.

This has been a great thread to follow today. Stuck inside with the flu and its snowing out.

Thanks! I got a lot more video and holy crap will the final total combined vid be long :crazy:. Folks will have to fast forward through all the junk :becky:. Should be done within the hour and then rest till probably 7 or 8 tonight.

Have some whiskey/bourbon I hear that gets rid of the flu :thumb:.

Ok it's done. So put on at 10:30am, wrapped at 1:30pm and then came off at 4:20'ish. So just under 6hrs. I got some good video of my probing it a lot and might do a quick mash up of the 2 times I checked it and upload that just to show the "doneness".

So it's all done. Cut into it and putting together the last 8min segment. This final video is going to be exhaustingly long :-D. So get ready to fast forward through all the garbage you don't want to see (so most of it :-D). Here are some pics my wife got while filming the end. Looks like a brisket!!

I was thinking you got lucky on the last brisket. Now I'm starting to think you know a thing or 2.:thumb: that looks damn good.

Back