THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Larry
I busted my butt this afternoon and evening to fix a great meal for the ladies at Church. I saved me a couple of kabobs and other stuff.

But after doing all the work, cleaning up and such I just don't feel like eating it. This isn't the first time I've slaved all day and didn't want to eat what I cooked.

Am I the only one this happens to?

Cooked and served 3 briskets and sides for the boys at the gun club tonight.
Came home and had raisin bran for dinner......:icon_sleepy

I have found that after a long night/day of cooking for a large party (20 for me) I just am not as hungry as I would expect. I respect you all that do larger cooks, it is a lot of work!

After cooking a job or a comp the last thing any of us want to eat is BBQ or the food we just cooked....Chinese food always seems to hit the spot.

I couldn't agree more. At comps I normally eat cold cut sandwiches and just take the que to make sure it's right.

Being from CA, isn't there a certain fruit loop level you have to maintain? I think your body just realized that you weren't fruit loopy enough!

By the time 'dinner is served' when I cook for a tailgate party, comp, whatever - I am usually pretty full as I often try 'samples' of my work as I am cooking...............I tend to think of it as quality control.

I never have an appetite after a full day of cooking! The next day however, I'm ready for some Que!

Happens to me frequently .. after smelling the smoke/food all day, by the time it's ready, I have no desire to eat it. The next couple days after-the-fact, however, are a different story.. :D

I also tend not to have an appetite after cooking for a big group. Part of it is the fact that I don't eat as much when it is warm out and I am usually running around, sweating pretty good when I am cooking for a crowd. It is not that I really don't want bbq, I am just not that hungry. That being said, the times when I am hungry, I usually don't eat Q.

wow, I thought it was just me!!! I find it hard to eat after a long day. Not the sides though, they are good anytime...

I made brisket but didn't want to eat just yet. We went out to eat instead.

It happens to me every Thanksgiving. I do the whole shebang for the clan and when all is said and done, I only nibble on a small plate of food. Then the next day I pig out on leftovers. This coming from a guy who's usually the biggest eater at the table. You know, they say to never trust a skinny chef...I'm beginning to doubt that. :biggrin:

The only meat I will eat at comp is pork. I cant bring myself to eat the chicken, ribs or brisket! We usually bring lasagna or go get pizza or something else.

Back