THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pappa Roach1

Found some matches.
I was double booked for Saturday. We had a MOST Series Tactical Steel Rifle Match at the Sportsman's Club, and the wife had me cooking at a Church Fund Raiser in front of Wal-Mart. I did all the cooking and prep work for the Rifle Match Friday so that my brother could handle it by his self Saturday. I did make up an extra 1 Gallon Batch of Cold Slaw to serve with my Brats at the Fund Raiser. A one gallon batch of cold slaw was cutting it very close even for a rainy day.

2lne06x.jpg

I put the pork loins on the Rotisserie Grill at 8:30. I used my Pork Rub after rubbing with olive oil. I put them in aluminum pans, and added 2 cups of water.
I loaded the stick burner with a light loading of Royal Oak Lump to start with, then added 1 chimney of briquettes to light it off. I opened both stacks full, and had two vents open to start with. When it got to 275 I shut the air vents back to about 25 percent. I added more lump at 11:00 AM, and then left it alone till I pulled it at 5:00 PM.

2duhufd.jpg

One of the 4 trays of loin shown with the Porkinator. We broke the loin into chunks then put about half a loin in a deep stainless pot to shred. The Porkinator made short work of the 30 pounds of loins. The Porkinator has been the best investment of $50 we have made on cooking gear.

Rex's Secret Formula Baked Beans
I made up a double #10 can batch using Bush's Original Baked Beans. The secret recipe is the Brown Sugar, Onion, Mustard, BBQ Sauce, and Optional Pulled Pork added to the beans before heating. I precooked the bake beans for about 3 hours on low then let them cool. They are always better reheated after setting over night.

Bob's Ozark Sweet Cold Slaw
I cut the cabbage up first on a meat slicer, then finished it on the cutting board. I have found that two Carrots are about right for each single head batch. I put each One head batch of Slaw in a One Gallon Zip Loc bag for the night. NOTE: If you get large heads of cabbage they may make up just a little more slaw than will fit in a single Gallon Zip Loc.
I made up each batch of Dressing for one bag of slaw. I found that it is easier for me to mix up one gallon bag batchs at one time.
I need to locate another Salad Master Machine for the slaw.

Both events went pretty well. The rain held off till around 4 PM. My brother managed pretty well by his self. Of the 4 Gallons of Cold Slaw he had about a gallon left. He was a little over on Baked Beans and also had plenty of pork left over. We cooked up one extra loin over what I thought we would need. Better to have left overs, than run out.

Bob

Last edited:
Back